Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Migrating a highly modularized HMVC CodeIgniter platform to Laravel.

I'm currently working on rejuvenating an old project that's CI-based with a HMVC framework, which was something pretty new to me. About 3/4th way of being finished, I made a decision that it would be in our best interest to slowly prepare *shudder* a complete refactoring of the platform to the Laravel framework. I can't stand CodeIgniter for some reason.

Question #1: Will this custom modular framework make it easier or harder for the eventual migration? I honestly have no idea -- I come from a Pythonic background so PHP and JS gives me headaches sometimes.

Question #2: Is there an extension that exists and somewhat maintained to be useable that would allow the existing platform to share authentication/sessions so we are able to slowly migrate instead of having to delay the project another X months?

PHP/Laravel/WebDev experts, what are your opinions on HMVC frameworks? Should we just freakin' continue to use CI (v3.1.x) and not make ourselves miserable for the time being?

Asking with warm regards and gratitude.

Sincerely,

As you can't stand CodeIgniter for some reason, this forum is not the place to look for answers,

What the term HMVC means will vary from person to person; HMVC in CI3 will often refer to a specific library, but maybe not.
It is wiredesignz HMVC, but the original repository has gone.
https://github.com/5112n4/wiredesignz-co...extensions

If your project uses features of HMVC that are not available in the migration destination, the migration will be more difficult.
If simply grouping MVC files in a folder, it would not be too difficult.

There is no such extension, or at least I don't know. You need to write a extension for you.
If you write something like a framework router in front of frameworks, I think you could migrate slowly.
About session, if you could use PHP session in both, you can share session easily.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB