CodeIgniter Forums
Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 (/showthread.php?tid=33523)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 - El Forum - 10-29-2010

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
From that description the problem seems to be with some servers it is not a problem with Modular Extensions.

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 - El Forum - 10-31-2010

[eluser]gvillavizar[/eluser]
Ok, guys I am in need of more help with this. I just noticed that if I apply that @tanky42 suggested, then my site stops loading any model. It doesn't matter if its another module's model or its own, it returns an error whenever I load a model.

Any suggestion about what it may be?

Can this be caused by the php version? I am running on 5.3.1 on my localhost and on 5.2.14 on my server.

Any suggestion?

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 - El Forum - 10-31-2010

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
[quote author="gvillavizar" date="1288604545"]Ok, guys I am in need of more help with this. I just noticed that if I apply that @tanky42 suggested, then my site stops loading any model. It doesn't matter if its another module's model or its own, it returns an error whenever I load a model.

Can this be caused by the php version? I am running on 5.3.1 on my localhost and on 5.2.14 on my server.

Any suggestion?[/quote]

I had mine working fine without any modifications.

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 - El Forum - 11-01-2010

[quote author="stuffradio" date="1288604744"][quote author="gvillavizar" date="1288604545"]Ok, guys I am in need of more help with this. I just noticed that if I apply that @tanky42 suggested, then my site stops loading any model. It doesn't matter if its another module's model or its own, it returns an error whenever I load a model.

Any suggestion?[/quote]

I had mine working fine without any modifications.[/quote]

Can you please tell me what version of php are you using?

[eluser]stuffradio[/eluser]
It was 5.3.2 or something.

[quote author="stuffradio" date="1288645924"]It was 5.3.2 or something.[/quote]

Thank you very much.

Then I'll have to test, it may be possible that this error only appears in PHP 5.2

Modular Extensions has been tested and works perfectly well on PHP versions 5.2 and 5.3 and is being used successfully on many different server platforms.

Unless you can show me exactly where the error is in the code then the problem must be with your installation and/or setup.

This thread has shown at least one user with a problem with PHP include paths. But I have never had this error myself so cannot comment further.

Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3 - El Forum - 11-02-2010

Ok, I solved my problem.

The simple problem was with the case of the models. To load my models I was using $this->load->model('Backend_model');, when I changed it to $this->load->model('backend_model'); and it worked perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help guys.

Glad you have it working now.

The CI user guide is a bit confusing regarding model naming, but the proper convention is to use lowercase model names in your code.

In any case I have made an adjustment to Modular Extensions that may prevent this problem in future.

[eluser]lianpeng[/eluser]
Very nice post. This will help possible client to get a quality person.

cheap uggs and wedding dresses and jordan shoes sale