CodeIgniter Forums
DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) (/showthread.php?tid=28550)

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 08-04-2010

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
If that is the case there is no need for a third table.

What do you intend to do with the Order_album table. Where does that fit into the picture?

[eluser]patie[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1280954645"]If that is the case there is no need for a third table.

What do you intend to do with the Order_album table. Where does that fit into the picture?[/quote]

i dont want third table but i dont know how i join USER with ORDER

user
id
name
surname

order
id
user_id
status

order album
id
order_id
album_id

album
id
name
price

in this context...

Code:
SELECT user.*, order.*, SUM((order_album.price)*order_album.quantity) AS price
FROM order_album
LEFT JOIN order ON order_album.order_id = order.id
LEFT JOIN user ON order.user_id = user.id
GROUP BY order_album.order_id
ORDER BY order.id DESC

because i need order info, user info and price of order

Read the user guide on deep relations.

You can do
Code:
$obj = new Order_album();
$obj->include_related('order')->include_related('order/user')->order_by('id', 'desc')->group_by('order_id')->get_by_id($order_id);

[eluser]patie[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1280964097"]Read the user guide on deep relations.

You can do
Code:
$obj = new Order_album();
$obj->include_related('order')->include_related('order/user')->order_by('id', 'desc')->group_by('order_id')->get_by_id($order_id);
[/quote]

thanks but include_related('order/user') produce :
`LEFT OUTER JOIN `user` order_user ON `order_user`.`id` = `order`.`user_id`

and my table name is user NOT order_user

what i need is some like this.. if is possible is :

LEFT JOIN user ON order.user_id = user.id

maybe do not understand something im so sorry

DMZ determines the names used in the query from the names of the tables, and the relationships defined. The use of the order_user table indicates DMZ sees a many_to_many relationship between user and order.

You need these relations to be defined:
Order must have a has_one to User, User must have a has_many to order.
Order must have a has_many (or a has_one) to Order_album, Order_album must have a has_one to Order
Order_album must have a has_one to Album, Album must have a has_many to Order_album.

[eluser]patie[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1280965710"]DMZ determines the names used in the query from the names of the tables, and the relationships defined. The use of the order_user table indicates DMZ sees a many_to_many relationship between user and order.

You need these relations to be defined:
Order must have a has_one to User, User must have a has_many to order.
Order must have a has_many (or a has_one) to Order_album, Order_album must have a has_one to Order
Order_album must have a has_one to Album, Album must have a has_many to Order_album.[/quote]

yes i have exactly what you write

and sql is :

`LEFT OUTER JOIN `user` order_user ON `order_user`.`id` = `order`.`user_id`

must i have NEW table for relation user <> order ??

I would like F.K. order.user_id = user.id

isnt possible ??

thanks

If it's a one-to-many, that shouldn't be necessary, your FK should be ok like this.

You are doing something wrong somewhere, I just created a test database with your 4 tables, created the models, and ran the query I posted before.

Result:
Code:
SELECT `order_albums`.*, `orders`.`user_id` AS order_user_id, `orders`.`status` AS order_status, `order_users`.`id` AS order_user_id, `order_users`.`name` AS order_user_name
    FROM (`order_albums`)
    LEFT OUTER JOIN `orders` orders ON `orders`.`id` = `order_albums`.`order_id`
    LEFT OUTER JOIN `users` order_users ON `order_users`.`id` = `orders`.`user_id`
    GROUP BY `order_albums`.`order_id` ORDER BY `order_albums`.`id` DESC

So, I still think there's something wrong in the definition of your relationships.

Also, note the naming conventions. The model is called "User", the foreign key is called "user_id", the table is called "Users". Note the plural form!

[eluser]patie[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1280969465"]If it's a one-to-many, that shouldn't be necessary, your FK should be ok like this.

You are doing something wrong somewhere, I just created a test database with your 4 tables, created the models, and ran the query I posted before.

Result:
Code:
SELECT `order_albums`.*, `orders`.`user_id` AS order_user_id, `orders`.`status` AS order_status, `order_users`.`id` AS order_user_id, `order_users`.`name` AS order_user_name
    FROM (`order_albums`)

So, I still think there's something wrong in the definition of your relationships.

Also, note the naming conventions. The model is called "User", the foreign key is called "user_id", the table is called "Users". Note the plural form![/quote]

1. i use $table definition so User model have $table = 'user'; ....

omg.. yes i have some result

Code:
    FROM (`order_albums`)

because i dont want this
Code:

understand me ? Smile)

i want join USER with ORDER with foreign key . not with next new table - order_users

I do not understand or you ? Smile))

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 08-05-2010

Have you ever tested this code and checked the results, or is this a theoretical excercise?
Have you read up on SQL syntax?

In this query, 'order_users' is a table alias, to make sure that if you include the same table twice (on two foreign keys linking to the same table) you don't get errors. It is not a new table.

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 08-05-2010

[eluser]patie[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1281008505"]Have you ever tested this code and checked the results, or is this a theoretical excercise?
Have you read up on SQL syntax?

In this query, 'order_users' is a table alias, to make sure that if you include the same table twice (on two foreign keys linking to the same table) you don't get errors. It is not a new table.[/quote]

YOU RIGHT. my bad. THANKS YOU VERY MUCH !