CodeIgniter Forums
DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) (/showthread.php?tid=28550)

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-20-2010

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1287234753"]As I understand, two other people besides me have come forward to take it over from you. I personally feel that forking this three-ways isn't very productive, so I think the three of us have to see how we are going to move on with Datamapper. Any suggestions?[/quote]
Let me *bump* this question.

How are we going to move forward? Who is going to pick this up / take the lead? How are the remaining two (if they want to) going to contribute?

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-20-2010

[eluser]alaminx[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1287584673"]Check the manual on Working with Join fields.[/quote]
Thanks for help. That's great.

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-21-2010

[eluser]The Hamburgler[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1287585972"][quote author="WanWizard" date="1287234753"]As I understand, two other people besides me have come forward to take it over from you. I personally feel that forking this three-ways isn't very productive, so I think the three of us have to see how we are going to move on with Datamapper. Any suggestions?[/quote]
Let me *bump* this question.

How are we going to move forward? Who is going to pick this up / take the lead? How are the remaining two (if they want to) going to contribute?[/quote]

Hi, I'll stick my head about the parapet here. I was one of the three that came forwards to help DM live on. I agree forking this project three ways wont work. We need to have one dedicated repo available to the public.

I've used Github to manage my own projects but don't see why we could use a similar service to host DMZ. It's probably best if one person (any volunteers) takes the lead and can then check in any bug fixes the others make to the public repo. I'll DM you my details so you can contact me for further discussion.

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-23-2010

Just to let everyone know we're making progress...

The new DataMapper website is up and running on http://datamapper.exitecms.org.

I've setup a public repository on http://bitbucket.org/wanwizard/datamapper, currently being maintained by "The Hamburgler" and myself.

I've also started to add all issues mentioned (that I could find) to the issue tracker on bitbucket, so we can get going. If you have any issues you would like to report that aren't on the list yet, don't hesitate to add them.

I'd like to thank Phil again for all the hard work he'd put in to make DataMapper what it is today. We hope to live up to his legacy!

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-23-2010

[eluser]OverZealous[/eluser]
This looks great, guys!

It's a real relief to know it isn't going to just waste away.

Sorry I haven't been in much communication (I did get your messages, Wan), but between a busy schedule, and my cable modem (for my email server) dying 450 miles away (everything's OK now), it's been tough to stay in touch!

I'll try to work on making updates to this forum and the website within the next week.

This is really a great community, and I thank you all for the support throughout the last year-and-a-half.

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-25-2010

We're making quite a bit of progress at the moment.

I have spend the last week going through this entire thread, searching for bug reports and feature requests.

Most of them have been implemented in the current Datamapper dev branch on bitbucket. Some issues or request (I have to admit, the more complicated ones) are still open, check the issue tracker.

For those of you that feel very brave, you can download the zip of the dev branch here. The changelog on the website lists all the changes made sofar.

If you bug or request is not listed, don't hesitate to create a new item in the issue tracker, preferably with a link to the post in this forum describing your problem or request.

[eluser]BRK Network[/eluser]
Hi WanWizard, great progress so far! Thanks so much! Smile

Of course, another big thanks to the Phil for making DataMapper what it was (DMZ 1.7.1) so far! Deep appreciations...

[eluser]Tom Vogt[/eluser]
I'm having some trouble with what should be a simple self-relationship. Maybe someone can point out where I went wrong.

Goal:
I have a set of regions/places.
These are connected with each other in a non-hierarchical graph, like a roadmap.
I've set these up as a many-to-many relationship in the model:

Code:
var $has_many = array('from'=>array('class'=>'region', 'other_field'=>'to'), 'to'=>array('class'=>'region', 'other_field'=>'from'),

and my database has a join table called "froms_toes" with three fields: id, from_id and to_id

Now I want a list of all the connections, and thought

Code:
$regions = new Region();
$regions->get()->to->get()

would give it to me. But it doesn't, it only gives me a few regions, and no data about the connections.

Is my model design faulty, or my query?

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-26-2010

what does
Code:
$regions->check_last_query();
tell you? Looking at the SQL generated makes it easier to spot the problem.

DMZ 1.7.1 (DataMapper OverZealous Edition) - El Forum - 10-26-2010

[eluser]Tom Vogt[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1288094100"]what does
Code:
$regions->check_last_query();
tell you? Looking at the SQL generated makes it easier to spot the problem.[/quote]

It tells me:
Code:
SELECT `regions`.*
FROM (`regions`)
LEFT OUTER JOIN `froms_toes` from_froms_toes ON `regions`.`id` =
    `from_froms_toes`.`to_id`
WHERE `from_froms_toes`.`from_id` = 1

what the correct result (basically) should be, is something like:
Code:
SELECT A.xpos, A.ypos, B.xpos, B.ypos
FROM regions A
JOIN froms_toes ON from_id = A.ID
JOIN regions B ON to_id = B.ID

I know my query design is very likely the problem, but I can't at the moment wrap my head around what I should be doing.