CodeIgniter Forums
Form Generation Library - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Form Generation Library (/showthread.php?tid=16439)

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 12-25-2009

[eluser]Sinclair[/eluser]
Hi,

I need to do CRUD operations with forms. Where can I find an example on how to do it with "Form Generation Library"?

Best Regards,

[eluser]macigniter[/eluser]
[quote author="dinhtrung" date="1261752249"]@macigniter: Can't wait for the new release anymore... Is there any schedule for the new version already? I'd like to help, too.[/quote]

The release date is: whenever it's ready :-) (which will be very soon, it just doesn't make sense to provide the lib with major changes but without testing and debugging)

You can help by completing the methods in the user guide. No problem if the English isn't perfect. I can take care of that later. That'd be great!

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
[quote author="Sinclair" date="1261780508"]Hi,

I need to do CRUD operations with forms. Where can I find an example on how to do it with "Form Generation Library"?

Best Regards,[/quote]

I don't know if you're looking for something like the deprecated Codeigniter scaffolding functionality but if you are, I don't think the Form Generation Library provides that.

The library provides shortcuts for form creation, form errors, etc. You still have to write your own models (if you use them), views (again, if you use them), etc.

If you're not familiar with the Codeigniter methods to create forms, the Form Helper and Form Validation section of the Codeigniter user guide helped me a lot.

[eluser]2think[/eluser]
Frank/Mac and all,

Merry Xmas to you all too and all the best for the New Year.

How do we add to the user guide, just email you portions and you'll do the formatting CI-style and any editing?

[eluser]BaRzO[/eluser]
[quote author="2think" date="1261801586"][quote author="Sinclair" date="1261780508"]Hi,

Best Regards,[/quote]

I don't know if you're looking for something like the deprecated Codeigniter scaffolding functionality but if you are, I don't think the Form Generation Library provides that.

The library provides shortcuts for form creation, form errors, etc. You still have to write your own models (if you use them), views (again, if you use them), etc.

If you're not familiar with the Codeigniter methods to create forms, the Form Helper and Form Validation section of the Codeigniter user guide helped me a lot.[/quote]

Maybe you can merge formlib and ( DataMapper DMZ )

[eluser]dinhtrung[/eluser]
@macigniter : Yep, I'll write some for you.
BTW, how I could use the postprocess() function? I see the argument should be an array. But after reading your code, I can't see why. Please give me an example.

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 12-26-2009

[quote author="2think" date="1261801730"]
How do we add to the user guide, just email you portions and you'll do the formatting CI-style and any editing?[/quote]

You could download the template and then email me the html.

Please check out the latest version of the user guide here.

THANKS!

[quote author="BaRzO" date="1261801900"]
Maybe you can merge formlib and ( DataMapper DMZ )[/quote]

That's what I am doing. Works like a charm. DataMapper and the Form Generation Library work very well together and speed up development time big time. :-)

[quote author="dinhtrung" date="1261823068"]BTW, how I could use the postprocess() function? I see the argument should be an array. But after reading your code, I can't see why. Please give me an example.[/quote]

The postprocess() function is a relict from the original source code of MidgetForms. You can see the description for it here. I have actually never used this function and was wondering if we really need it at all...?

[eluser]Sinclair[/eluser]
[quote author="macigniter" date="1261872907"][quote author="BaRzO" date="1261801900"]
Maybe you can merge formlib and ( DataMapper DMZ )[/quote]

That's what I am doing. Works like a charm. DataMapper and the Form Generation Library work very well together and speed up development time big time. :-)[/quote]

Hi, where can I get examples of the two working?

Best Regards,