CodeIgniter Forums
Form Generation Library - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Form Generation Library (/showthread.php?tid=16439)

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 07-05-2010

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
Oh my god. You are so right. I just totally did not expect it to shuffle away my key values. Doh!

Still quite happy with the library!

Thanks Big Grin

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 07-05-2010

[eluser]macigniter[/eluser]
[quote author="Maglok" date="1278359018"]Thanks Big Grin[/quote]
You're welcome!

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 07-09-2010

[eluser]Maglok[/eluser]
I do actually have another query.

I have a list (<li>) of people that signed up to an event.

When a crew member is logged in though, it needs to display checkboxes in front of their name if they have not payed yet. If they have payed it should list the date that was registered.

Basically one view (not crew) doesn't need a form at all, while another view (crew logged in) does. Can FGL handle that without a lot of additional coding? Or should I just fallback to a normal form?

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 07-11-2010

[eluser]happydude[/eluser]
I have been trying to build forms dynamically via javascript ( e.g. $(form_element).clone().appendTo(form_element_parent); )

In my server side code, I do something like this:

$this->form
->text('product', 'product[]', 'required')
->text('quantity', 'quantity[]', 'required')
->submit('Make Order', 'submit_order')
->validate();

if ($this->form->valid) {
$input = $this->form->get_post();
}

Now, on the test page, via javascript, I clone the input boxes in the form above and I append them... to create extra product+quantity inputs.

My understanding is that by using product[] and quantity[], I should get arrays of values coming from the dynamically generated fields.

What I get is a single array... containing just the values for the first field.

Also, if I intentionally leave any of the fields blank, just to test how the "required" rule will work, the field is with the text "Array()" when the page reloads.

Any help will be appreciated.

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 07-11-2010

[eluser]BaRzO[/eluser]
Form lib rebuilds the form and validation for each instance...
You can not add dynamic form fields. ( if i am not wrong )

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 07-14-2010

[eluser]joytopia[/eluser]
Hi Frank,

after CI's security patch

http://codeigniter.com/news/codeigniter_1.7.2_security_patch/

iupload does not work any more:

I get the error message:

- Dateien dieses Dateityps können nicht hochgeladen werden.
(Files of this type cannot be uploaded)

Best regards

Bernd

Form Generation Library - El Forum - 07-17-2010

[eluser]nearo[/eluser]
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to set the form_from variable to the user's email address input, so that when a mail is received to the inbox the receiver can hit reply and have the mail go directly to the person who sent the message.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thank you.

[eluser]BaRzO[/eluser]
I think this not Form Generation Library business. Just have a look Form Generation Library User Guide

[eluser]nearo[/eluser]
[quote author="Mustafa Kahraman" date="1279430406"]I think this not Form Generation Library business. Just have a look Form Generation Library User Guide[/quote]

Hello Mustafa. I am not sure if you are replying to me, but the user_guide is always where I look first and then ask for help last.

form_from does not appear in the User Guide: form_from search

[eluser]BaRzO[/eluser]
@nearo,
Sorry yes i did reply you. I know there is no form_from in the user guide.
What do you planing with form_from do coding something like mail service or ticket system.

If you coding something like ticket system and if you piping mail data into a form you can not do it with formlib you can only create a form mail or something like this.

if you check ci user guide (Email Class) you can see there $this->email->reply_to() function to add mail header for reply address.