CodeIgniter Forums
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS (/showthread.php?tid=17376)

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-01-2009

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1243890205"]I think running the PyroCMS website on anything other than PyroCMS would be a little bit silly. SVN integration is defiantly a plus for those of us who have yet to learn Git properly. :-p[/quote]

Haha yes, but it's possible in case somebody would ever need it Wink I believe there's also a demo of The Bug Genie at Opensourcecms.com.

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-01-2009

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
Have PMed you, Phil.

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-02-2009

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
Hi Phil, have you worked it out? i'm assuming you are just going to recode the entire Cache library?

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-03-2009

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Pretty much. Was stuck with the family last night so no nerd-code time. Getting caching working properly is on the top of my list of things to do but it will require a proper sit-down session and not a quick-fix like so many of the other bugs recently.

Should have some news on caching tonight.

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-03-2009

I went to the pub Sick

Tomorrow I swear!

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-04-2009

[eluser]BenneX[/eluser]
I like PyroCMS very much, looks great and have many features. Great work!
At the moment I have 2 questions about it...

1.) Can I use the Code completely free to build an online shop?
2.) Have you changed or added any ci/system file? I use an global system-folder to update ci easily and haven't taken a look at the integrated system-folder, yet Wink

greetz

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-05-2009

1.) Sure! If you create a shop module and submit it back I would love to include it to the release. If not, feel free to use it anyway.

2.) Nope, the CodeIgniter folder is intact and running off a 1 month old SVN repo snapshot, so you have the Cart.php library in there for your shop module.

If you have your own system folder you'd like to use, just modify index.php (and remember to modify each time you upgrade).

PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS - El Forum - 06-05-2009

[eluser]BenneX[/eluser]
Thank you for the answers Smile
I've taken a deeper look in pyroCMS and have explored some more questions...

1.)I want to change the ACP-Design, because I need much more flexability and the control of the whole style, but it's very difficult to find all related files... which ones are added by yourself and which was part of the used Admin-Skin? By the way: The used Admin-Skin (Titanium) costs $15.00 - are you sure, you're allowed to distribute it with pyroCMS?

2.)By viewing of some modules and db-tables I've discovered the var/field "slug" and haven't got any clue, what it means and for what it's used... How I have to translate it? Can you give me an example and/or a short description about it? Which modules use it, in which way...

I also have gotten many ideas for improvements... The Theming-Feature is great and should be also available for the Admin-Theme for example Wink

thanks in advance and greetz

BenneX

1.) Pretty sure I'm fine to distribute as long as I do not charge. All of the theme is in assets and views/admin so change them both however you wish.

I don't fancy going down the route of fully skinable admin panels, but there will be 4 colour variations which all look awesome.

2.) Slug is like an ID but more SEO friendly. It is just a unique identifier that we can put in the URL. Some modules use them as well as ID numbers, some use them instead of. It is not 100% uniform across the whole CMS just yet but will be soon.

[eluser]BenneX[/eluser]
Ah, I see - Now I'm going to keep my work on.
Thank you very much for your great support! Smile

greetz