CodeIgniter Forums
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter (/showthread.php?tid=54581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 01-29-2013

[eluser]haseydesign[/eluser]
@ReyPM
Sorry I can cannot offer any further suggestions as to likely issues that are causing your problem.

I can only reiterate to try a complete new installation of CodeIgniter and the flexi auth demo and see if it works out of the box.
Installation guide @ http://haseydesign.com/flexi-auth/user_guide/installation

If you do find a solution to your problem, please post it so that I and others can learn from it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Shinamee

What is the exact problem that you're having?
Are you getting an error message when setting the above autoload settings?

The autoload.php file within the flexi auth demo is untouched from the default installation settings of CodeIgniter.
The reason for this was so that there were minimal configuration settings that users would need to setup to get the demo going.

If you wish to autoload some of CI's libraries like 'database', 'session' etc, then you can go ahead and do it.
The only important note, is that (sadly) you cannot autoload the flexi auth library - you need to load this whenever you wish to use functionality from the library (Usually within your controller or one of your own models).

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 01-29-2013

[eluser]Shinamee[/eluser]
The problem is when I add those code from autoload.php ... all flexi auth pages becomes blank.

@Shinamee

I'm guessing it may be 'Auth' that is defined within the libraries autoload.
This would likely conflict with the flexi auth library that also uses '$this->auth' as a super global.

Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database', 'session', 'form_validation', 'Facebook', 'Auth');

Do you know whether that is required for the library you are trying?

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 01-30-2013

[eluser]Shinamee[/eluser]
@haseydesign

Thanks for the replies.

I think that Auth is required to make it work - I think that's what Facebook uses as authentication.

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 02-13-2013

[eluser]kirushanth.2[/eluser]
Hey,

I am currently building with nginx/php+CI/mongoDB tech stack.

I was curious to know if flexi-auth is actually flexible enough to work with a different database type such as mongoDB (noSQL)

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 02-14-2013

@kirushanth

Whilst the flexi-auth library does have its flexibilities, using MongoDB unfortunately isn't something that it has been designed to work with.

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 02-14-2013

[eluser]kirushanth.2[/eluser]
Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

I have another question: How do I disable the Captcha feature in the DEMO, I can not seem to find it in the DOCS.

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 02-18-2013

@kirushanth.2

The Captcha feature within the demo is defined within the auth.php controller via the login() method.
If $this->data['captcha'] is not defined in the demo, the captcha is not required.

flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - El Forum - 02-18-2013

[eluser]Mantero[/eluser]
hello

anyone know if I can integrate this auth with datamapper?

[eluser]ReyPM[/eluser]
I'm trying to integrate and use Flexi Auth in my new development using CI 2.1.3 but get this error:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Notice
Filename: libraries/Flexi_auth_lite.php
Line Number: 172

I'm autoloading class but I never call Flexi_auth_lite because in my /config/autload.php I have this:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database', 'session', 'flexi_auth');

What I'm doing wrong?