CodeIgniter Forums
User Guide Translations? - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: CodeIgniter 4 (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Forum: CodeIgniter 4 Discussion (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: User Guide Translations? (/showthread.php?tid=61437)

Pages: 1 2

User Guide Translations? - jlp - 04-15-2015

Several community members have expressed a desire for the CI user guide translated to another language (French, Persian, etc).

How important is something like this? Would you be willing to help with it?

RE: User Guide Translations? - Rufnex - 04-15-2015

I work already on a german translation.

RE: User Guide Translations? - marcos - 04-15-2015

I may be able to help with brazilian portuguese translation.

RE: User Guide Translations? - bw.balazs - 04-15-2015

I think it's a general requirement for programmers to understand English documentation. I'm Hungarian, but I even prefer the original English stuffs. The original documentation is always (!) better, so I think it would be totally unnecessary to make translations for different languages.. English is the language of computers so who can't understand that, he/she should search for a new job instead of programming (just my opinion).

RE: User Guide Translations? - RobertSF - 04-15-2015

I am fluent and literate in Spanish and English, having grown up as the son of American expats living in Mexico. I would be happy to contribute to a Spanish translation.

RE: User Guide Translations? - alkarim - 04-15-2015

Translating the user guide in to other languages will be a great thing as far as from the developers side. Most of the people still cant barely read English. Also the translation to other language will increase the CI users.

RE: User Guide Translations? - Razican - 04-19-2015

(04-15-2015, 06:08 PM)RobertSF Wrote: I am fluent and literate in Spanish and English, having grown up as the son of American expats living in Mexico. I would be happy to contribute to a Spanish translation.

I am already the translator of the system language in CodeIgniter to spanish, so it'd be great if I had some help for the user guide, it could be a great project, even if it's a big work. I think a translation would make CodeIgniter more international.

RE: User Guide Translations? - suhindra - 06-08-2016

I can help with indonesian translation.

RE: User Guide Translations? - ayrtonvwf - 06-08-2016

The translation may help developers that don't speak english (I think that there's a lot of them), and may to attract more developers to the framework, but we have to pay attention with the updates in the documentation, because in the translation of php documentation there's so much out of date/incorrect informations, and it may confuse the developers.

(I can help with the brazilian portuguese translation)

RE: User Guide Translations? - ciadmin - 06-08-2016

Having talked this over with the other council members, it is unlikely that we will look at user guide translations as part of the framework itself - the user guide is too extensive, too variable, and there are too many languages.
We aren't discouraging such translations, but will probably only provide links to them, without endorsing them, perhaps on the CodeIgniter website.
In any case, talk about user guide translations for CodeIgniter4 is premature, as the structure and content is still far from finalized!