CodeIgniter Forums
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 (/showthread.php?tid=8451)

CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - El Forum - 05-18-2008

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Download: http://jtaby.github.com/

I have fixed the link, you can now download codex again.

NOTE: CodeExtinguisher development has been stalled for a very long time. People are still using CodeExtinguisher and are actively downloading it. However, due to my employment, interest, and time, I will not be able to continue working on CodeExtinguisher. I may release a new CMS in the future, but it will not be related to the current state of CodeExtinguisher.

CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - El Forum - 05-19-2008

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
Very beatyful... and the grid in jquery is a very best idea....
I find a bug in this page http://codeextinguisher.com/public_preview/preview.php/example/manage/edit/105
the calendar not appears correct... ;-)

A question: i want hook the delete instruction of a record, for managing the related data. At the http://codeextinguisher.pbwiki.com/Events page, i have read the doc: it is necessary to use the preDeleteHook($table,$id) function, in each plugin? I think no, i want get the id of deleted record, for searching the related data into the related tables and delete them.....
Thank you...

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
which version of ci is required?
i'm getting the following error:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method CI_DB_mssql_ext_driver::get_where() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sim\codex\application\libraries\codexforms.php on line 97

[eluser]andjules[/eluser]
Hey jTaby, great work.

A few UI observations (for Clean Blue):
a) on FF Mac, the 'magnifying glass' search-button gets wrapped to a second line
b) when you click on a table column-header (to sort), sort arrows are right-aligned, while the column-header text is left-aligned. This can easily create the misconception that the arrows belong to the next column to the right. I personally prefer the bg-color-column-header technique used in the 'default' theme (I guess it needs a new name, doesn't it?), even though it doesn't imply direction (ASC vs DESC). I think a big part of web 2.0 UI design is dropping gazillion-option-fine-grained-control interfaces in favor of fewer, simpler choices.
c) so in a similar spirit, I think the pagination-editable-field ("1/1") will give a few expert-users a tiny bit of power at the cost of seeming very unfamiliar to the majority of users. Also, as a lesser issue, the pagination arrow buttons do not inuitively 'feel' disabled to me (I think the color is not subdued enough). Hard to say without having a multipage example, but...

Anyhow, seems to be coming along nicely.

Also, I'm guessing you know this already, but the related-example widget does not survive form validation - if I add a few selections from the left box to the right one, but skip some other required field and try to submit, when I am re-presented the form with the error/validation message the previous selections have been lost from the right-side of the related example widget.

Good luck!

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
i think there's a misinterpretation of the APPPATH purpose.
see index.php:

Code:
/*
|---------------------------------------------------------------
| DEFINE APPLICATION CONSTANTS
|---------------------------------------------------------------
|
| EXT        - The file extension.  Typically ".php"
| FCPATH    - The full server path to THIS file
| SELF        - The name of THIS file (typically "index.php)
| BASEPATH    - The full server path to the "system" folder
| APPPATH    - The [b]full server path[/b] to the "application" folder
|
*/

it's supposed to be the full server path. however, on line #30 of login.php (at least) it's used as if it were a relative path:

Code:
$this->codextemplates->css('template-css',base_url().APPPATH.'views/templates/'.$this->template.'/css/codex_'.$this->template.'.css');

for some configurations it may work, but not for me. look at my login page stylesheet link:

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://192.168.1.130/sim/C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/sim/codex/application/views/templates/clean_blue/css/codex_clean_blue.css" type="text/css">

are you planning to solve this?

UPDATE:

codex_search_form.php lines 37 and 82 have the same problem.

abmcr, The prepForDelete function is optional, to get the id of the record being deleted, then you can use $this->codexadmin->active_id

gusa, are you using CI 1.5.4? If so, just do a search for get_where and change it to getwhere...i'll fix this with the next release

andjules, all your points are valid and will be fixed in the next release (thanks)

gusa, thanks, will fix

[eluser]irvin[/eluser]
I have one problem with encoding... When I'm defining my own link names in codex.php file (I'm from Poland, so we have some special chars like: ąćęłńóśżź) there's a wired problem and i see �. Well, file encoding is utf-8, page encoding is utf-8, and anywhere else everything works great.

Any ideas?

And by the way - great job! I love CE ;]

[eluser]Skinnpenal[/eluser]
looks very nice Smile

I have a problem with my installation. When viewing f.ex. the Related Example, I only get "No input file specified.". Any ideas what's causing it?

EDIT:
This only affects url's with query strings:
Code:
backend.php/?c=crud&m=index&t=related_example

While url's like this works fine:
Code:
backend.php/userregistration

EDIT 2
Seems to be the slash that does it. Removing it so that this:
Code:
backend.php/?c=crud&m=index&t=related_example

Becomes
Code:
backend.php?c=crud&m=index&t=related_example
Fixes the issue. Is this some bug in the code or a server configuration issue? (I'm on DreamHost)

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1211232240"]abmcr, The prepForDelete function is optional, to get the id of the record being deleted, then you can use $this->codexadmin->active_id

gusa, are you using CI 1.5.4? If so, just do a search for get_where and change it to getwhere...i'll fix this with the next release

andjules, all your points are valid and will be fixed in the next release (thanks)

gusa, thanks, will fix[/quote]

thank you very much! Smile

i've changed mannualy all references to APPPATH (only the ones supposed to be inserted into an URL) to a relative path ('codex/application').

i've also changed get_where to getwhere and the app is working. all these stuff it's very promising :cheese:

one thing more: is there any way that i can configure which table should be shown in the left column?

thanks, again!

irvin, are you referring to the navigation?

Skinnpenal, i'll look into it. could you give me some more info regarding your setup?

gusa, well all tables from the database are shown. If you want to exclude a table, then add it to codex_exclude_tables in config/codex.php. The way I fixed the get_where issue is by writing my own get_where function in codexmodel and updating the libraries to use it. the function in codexmodel then either calls get_where or getwhere depending on the system's version. as far as the APPPATH issue, I can't just use codex/application because people sometime put their codex application in non-root directories.