CodeIgniter Forums
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - Printable Version

+- CodeIgniter Forums (https://forum.codeigniter.com)
+-- Forum: Archived Discussions (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Archived Libraries & Helpers (https://forum.codeigniter.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 (/showthread.php?tid=8451)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - El Forum - 08-05-2008

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
[quote author="Paul T" date="1217963348"][quote author="matthewr" date="1217932341"]Is this project dead? The site is extremely outdated and questions haven't been answered lately.

Anyway, I sure hope it's not, i developed a client project using this system. Anybody know how to specify list_text and list_header in the YAML file?[/quote]

According to jTaby, he's taking a break from coding for awhile. He's got a shell for an updated website, with forums and everything. Should be nice. Hopefully his break will revitalize the Codex effort. It's a great project but still needs lots of development and documentation. But even in its current state, it's still very usable, and a tremendous time-saver.

But I wonder how many people are using it, and what modifications they have made to it that could turn into contributions? There's probably a ton of forks by now, it would be nice to bring everything back together in some form or another.

As far as list_text and list_header, sorry, haven't come across that yet.[/quote]

That's good news! I love CodeEx, I actually use it for some of my client systems. I really think we need more documentation though Tongue

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
heh, once i get some time to work on codex, i'm gonna work purely on docs

[eluser]webberoo[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1218017606"]heh, once i get some time to work on codex, i'm gonna work purely on docs[/quote]

Like i said in previous post I'm happy to assist where I can. Did you see my explanation of the RadioGroup plugin YAML options?

maybe we could get that posted on the wiki. Under Plugins/RadioGroup

if you send me your email, i can make you a writer

CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - El Forum - 08-06-2008

[eluser]bkno[/eluser]
Thanks for your work on this project, it's a great addition to CodeIgniter.

On the surface this reminds me a lot of Symfony's backend generation, which is probably my favourite part of that framework.

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
I love CodeEx. Makes my life a lot simpler. I've developed a FCKEditor plugin. Where can I upload it?

Bkno, yeah, i was inspired by the synfony backend generator, thanks Smile

matthewr, i'm glad you like it. The new site will have a place for that, it's just not up yet. i'm busy with a couple of other project for the second.

CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - El Forum - 08-07-2008

[eluser]dbelanger[/eluser]
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your input here. I've updated the editor plugin with the new code and tried the code you pasted but still can't get things going. I get a few errors:

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: libraries/codexforms.php

Line Number: 53

and also a:
Code:
An Error Was Encountered
Could not find proper plugin.

If I take out the editor attempt and use a textarea everything works fine. I have my editor in js/jscripts/tiny_mce

Thanks for any input

[quote author="Paul T" date="1217901777"][quote author="dbelanger" date="1217666678"]Hello,

Using the current version of CodeExtinguisher and having a lot of problems putting a wysiwyg interface on my text areas. I was using tinymce but for some reason the toolbar no longer appears above the textarea but at the top of the page. It was fine before but now I can't get it to be in the proper place.

Any suggestions on a good wysiwyg to use?

Thanks[/quote]

The wysiwyg is working fine for me.

Code:
description:
    class: Editor
    label: Description
    attributes:
        rows:10
        cols:100
    params:
        options:
            theme: advanced
            plugins: fullscreen,paste,spellchecker
            theme_advanced_toolbar_location: top
            theme_advanced_toolbar_align: left
            theme_advanced_buttons1_add: |,forecolor,fullscreen
            spellchecker_languages : "+English=en"

Also, be sure to use jTaby's update for the Editor plugin, located here.

Hope that helps,
Paul[/quote]

CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - El Forum - 08-10-2008

[eluser]hyeteck[/eluser]
So far, CodeExtinguisher has been great for me. i like it alot. I have a little issue though. There is an error in the "view mode" selector at the bottom of the screen. The error is so wide that it doesn't fit on my screen but the part that is visible says.

Notice Message: Undefined index: filename Filename: default/codex_chooser.php Line Number: 16 A PHP error was encountered Severity: Notice Message: Undefined Index: filename Filename: default/codex_chooser.php Line Number: 17 >

CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2 - El Forum - 08-10-2008

[eluser]steel_slasher[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1218017606"]heh, once i get some time to work on codex, i'm gonna work purely on docs[/quote]

i am working on some documentation for making non-db based forms and stuff which codex hasnt been made for but is capable of doing