Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI NEEDS A PROPER DOCUMENTATION

Yes Hi, I think it is time that CI needs a useful and good explanation in its document description. There are very different things you find where the truth is false and where there is a lie. It is necessary to write it properly or rewrite its description. It looks like this: Services::response()
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

Very interesting, but not at all clear Wink
Simple CI 4 project for beginners codeigniter-expenses

I believe the current documentation is quite accurate.
If there are any errors, please point them out specifically.

(05-08-2024, 02:17 AM)kenjis Wrote: I believe the current documentation is quite accurate.
If there are any errors, please point them out specifically.

Perhaps they are frustrated with the outdated documentation on the website. I might be willing to try & assist, but when looking at the GitHub Issue I have seen no responses from the two people you tagged as being responsible for the site.

I have a Unix background and have worked through many systems & APIs over the years. I am probably considered new to moderate on my PHP experience and still fairly new to CI4 although I have several projects awaiting deployment for my employer.

I do not have much GitHub experience itself. I have worked more with GitLab and a little bit of bitbucket.

Bruce

[quote pid="418588" dateline="1715164602"]
I think CI needs some good sample applications as well.
[/quote]

(05-08-2024, 03:58 AM)codestellar Wrote: [quote pid="418588" dateline="1715164602"]
I think CI needs some good sample applications as well.

[/quote]
There is the appstarter https://github.com/codeigniter4/appstarter

Codeigniter is a flexible lightweight framework that permits you a lot of freedom as a developer, unlike full-stack frameworks such as Laravel.

Since we are a team of volunteers, we don't have any more time to work on the framework than you do.
They are doing their best, but they are also very busy with many other things.

What can be added to the documentation? It is described quite well. 
Everything else depends on the developer.  
It's like a knife for a cook  Smile
Simple CI 4 project for beginners codeigniter-expenses

I like that!

It’s like a knife for a cook, not a detailed tutorial on how to cook a specific dish.

The cook is expected, in this case, to have some prior PHP knowledge and know how to search the PHP documentation & the Internet for solutions to their challenges.

Personally, having worked with Symfony and Laravel, I prefer CI a thousand times over for its extremely clear documentation with each minor and major update. Thanks to this clear approach, I can benefit from upgrading the framework on my own CMS without breaking it.

A million thanks to the CI volunteers for what they do. It's a pity that GitHub is a barrier for me because I would love to contribute many commits to improve the homepage and debugging tool, but I mainly use GitLab/Git via VSCode automation.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB