Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3.0 User Guide

Hey guys, I found an error in documentation: URL in the end of page, I'm seeing "this_string_is_e…ak_my_design.jpg" I think the correct is "this_string_is_e…ak_my_design.jpg". Tongue

So, when can I download this version of the User Guide on the CI website? The one available for download tonight is still the "new" version without the "old" pulldown menu. The only way to see it now is online.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

(02-06-2015, 10:47 PM)twpmarketing Wrote: So, when can I download this version of the User Guide on the CI website?  The one available for download tonight is still the "new" version without the "old" pulldown menu.  The only way to see it now is online.

It will be part of the next release (or candidate), and available for separate download once that comes out.
It is on the site now for comments.
It can be built from the current "dev" branch download on github, if you don't want to wait Smile

(02-06-2015, 07:05 PM)RECOHA Wrote: Hey guys, I found an error in documentation: URL in the end of page, I'm seeing "this_string_is_e…ak_my_design.jpg" I think the correct is "this_string_is_e…ak_my_design.jpg". Tongue

It looks like sphinx, the python documentation generator, is wrapping the pieces of the HTML entity.

From my browser, view source for that line gives
<span class="o">&amp;</span><span class="nx">hellip</span><span class="p">;</span>

The spans are getting in the way of the entity being treated as an entity.
Fixing this is beyond my understanding of sphinx.
Anyone in the community who might be able to point us in the right direction?

(02-06-2015, 07:05 PM)RECOHA Wrote: Hey guys, I found an error in documentation: URL in the end of page, I'm seeing "this_string_is_e&hellip;ak_my_design.jpg" I think the correct is "this_string_is_e…ak_my_design.jpg". Tongue

(02-06-2015, 11:14 PM)ciadmin Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 07:05 PM)RECOHA Wrote: Hey guys, I found an error in documentation: URL in the end of page, I'm seeing "this_string_is_e&hellip;ak_my_design.jpg" I think the correct is "this_string_is_e…ak_my_design.jpg". Tongue

It looks like sphinx, the python documentation generator, is wrapping the pieces of the HTML entity.

From my browser, view source for that line gives
<span class="o">&amp;</span><span class="nx">hellip</span><span class="p">;</span>

The spans are getting in the way of the entity being treated as an entity.
Fixing this is beyond my understanding of sphinx.
Anyone in the community who might be able to point us in the right direction?

It is not an error, that's how it should look like.

(02-05-2015, 10:12 AM)jlp Wrote: I have updated the online user guide from the *develop* branch of our repo.

Check out the new TOC link, top-right of each page Undecided

Thank you @Rufnex !

thank you Smile Smile
Thumbs Up 

(02-06-2015, 11:15 AM)Narf Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 10:44 AM)ciadmin Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 09:48 PM)Php Wrote: Can you use little line-space in table content list?
Then will be coll.
Thanks.

I don't understand your suggestion. Could you provide an example of what you are referring to? Thanks

The new old drop-down menu ... lines in it are quite close to each other, considering that lots of space in there is unused. Smile
Web Developer

(02-05-2015, 10:12 AM)jlp Wrote: I have updated the online user guide from the *develop* branch of our repo.

Check out the new TOC link, top-right of each page Undecided

Thank you @Rufnex !

(02-06-2015, 02:57 PM)geekita Wrote: Nobody noticed the 3 comma 0 typo?

Not important, but that comma still looks odd though Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2015, 12:39 PM by twpmarketing.)

(02-14-2015, 11:14 AM)e-smartsolution.co.uk Wrote: Hi!
Please, could someone tell to me, where I can find the session about load session....
... I trying to load:
$this->load->driver("session")

And then I have got the next error message:
Of course I'm using the version 3.0
An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load the requested class: session

Thanks
From the CI 3.0 docs, the correct syntax is:

$this->load->library('session');
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x&nbsp; Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Wow :-) Good job! Thanks a lot for all your work.
“Unix is user-friendly. It's just very selective about who its friends are.”

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB