Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1244716516"]Good point. Windows does not support chmod but the equivilent of 777 can be set via right clicking and going to properties.

Yorick: I believe the chmod() function should take care of this nicely. It could set the files to 777 and then set them back to 644 afterwards.[/quote]

I did give 'Users' full control over the file, however that didn't fix it either, so i probably did it incorrectly.

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
777 = owner, all users and all groups can do whatever they like. Check all the boxes.

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1244716516"]Good point. Windows does not support chmod but the equivilent of 777 can be set via right clicking and going to properties.

Yorick: I believe the chmod() function should take care of this nicely. It could set the files to 777 and then set them back to 644 afterwards.[/quote]

I already included that, it's on line 63 of the core class Smile

[quote author="ray73864" date="1244717186"][quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1244716516"]Good point. Windows does not support chmod but the equivilent of 777 can be set via right clicking and going to properties.

I did give 'Users' full control over the file, however that didn't fix it either, so i probably did it incorrectly.[/quote]

I believe that Windows users don't even need to give any special rights to it. The reason that error keeps popping up is because I've included a check that will verify the file permissions of database.php. Right now it will pop up an error whenever the file permissions are different than 777.

I'll debug it later today and see if I can fix it Smile

Windows users who are getting weird output should read the following ticket : http://github.com/philsturgeon/pyrocms/issues#issue/16

I also fixed the installer, it should now work fine on Windows.

grrr, github still won't let me comment on issues.

anyway, the answer to that issue is easy, by default, the php setting 'short open tags' is not turned on in wampserver.

if you click on the wampserver icon in the system tray, and then click on 'PHP' and then go to 'PHP Settings', it should be the 2nd open from the top, click on that and then pyrocms will work.

Installer works great now, although i would suggest that once the installer has finished its magic, either provide a link to the newly installed instance of pyrocms or have the installer auto-redirect the user there.

I also received this error on the front page after running the installer with the latest version (i doubt it is related to the installer though).

Code:
Welcome
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: views/header.php

Line Number: 8
, you are logged in. Log out
Edit Profile | Settings

when i click on 'Log out' it attempts to take me to the following url:

http://localhostpyrocms/users/logout.html

and when i change the URL to:

http://localhost/pyrocms/index.php/users/logout.html

it attempts to take me to: http://www.localhostpyrocms.com/

it would seem that it is missing the / again from between 'localhost' and 'pyrocms' (are you to forgetting to update your local repos before committing new changes??)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Sorry guys im litterally just shooting off for the weekend and wont be back until monday.

Leaving you in charge of PyroCMS stuff until then Yorick, do me proud! :-)

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1244744169"]Sorry guys im litterally just shooting off for the weekend and wont be back until monday.

Leaving you in charge of PyroCMS stuff until then Yorick, do me proud! :-)[/quote]

Haha no problem Tongue

@Ray

I'll have a look at it later tonight Smile

[eluser]globule[/eluser]
Great work !!!
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1240431330"]

Soon however I will need contributors for:

- French

[/quote]

Ready to translate !

ISSUE 1 : I installed PyroCMS in a subdirectory and noticed all link were like this :
Quote:'...localhostpyro/news/2009/06/Example-news-article.html
I had to edit the confid file, line 14 :
Code:
$config['base_url']    = "http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].'/'.str_replace( str_replace("\\", "/", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']), '', str_replace("\\", "/", str_replace(SELF, '', FCPATH)) );
I addition, here is my htaccess :
Quote:RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /pyro

# Controleer of het geen bestaand directory is
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# Controleer of het geen bestaand bestand is
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|media|maatschappijleer|mysqladmin|usage|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

#RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|public|user_guide|robots\.txt)
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

I didn't read all post in this thread so may be it is already fixed...

Twitter lib was not working because CURL was not installed on my PC (Linux Mint 6 Felicia - based on Ubuntu 8.10). Installing CURL solved this problem. Need a FAQ ?

Why no CMS CI based use parser lib ???
I have started a dev using it an templates are more simple with it !

[quote author="globule" date="1244749833"]Great work !!!

ISSUE 1 : I installed PyroCMS in a subdirectory and noticed all link were like this :
Quote:'...localhostpyro/news/2009/06/Example-news-article.html
I had to edit the confid file, line 14 :
Code:
$config['base_url']    = "http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].'/'.str_replace( str_replace("\\", "/", $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']), '', str_replace("\\", "/", str_replace(SELF, '', FCPATH)) );

I addition, here is my htaccess :
Quote:RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /pyro

# Controleer of het geen bestaand directory is
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# Controleer of het geen bestaand bestand is
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|media|maatschappijleer|mysqladmin|usage|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [L]

#RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|public|user_guide|robots\.txt)
#RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

I didn't read all post in this thread so may be it is already fixed...

Twitter lib was not working because CURL was not installed on my PC (Linux Mint 6 Felicia - based on Ubuntu 8.10). Installing CURL solved this problem. Need a FAQ ?

Why no CMS CI based use parser lib ???
I have started a dev using it an templates are more simple with it ![/quote]

What do you mean with 'parser lib' ?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB