Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PyroCMS v0.9.7.4 - an open-source modular general purpose CMS

[eluser]Yorick Peterse[/eluser]
[quote author="ray73864" date="1247581067"]Hi Phil,

Just wondering if there is any timeframe for when the loadable widgets (or whatever you want to call them) will be done.

I think i have it right, by widget i refer to the ability to put a view up in a little section on every page in the left hand sidebar (currently you have newsletters and the sidebar menu in there. Just that i have this one module which will have a view to display in there.

I can easilly edit the theme (will need to anyway), was just hoping there will be a simpler solution.[/quote]

I'm not sure when the widgets will be finished. Currently I already have a (limited) working version.

New version of Yummy has been released, version 0.6 : http://wiki.yorickpeterse.com/download_a...tall_yummy

This version adds several new abilities, such as the ability to install, uninstall, activate and deactivate widgets. A list of all available functions can be seen here : http://wiki.yorickpeterse.com/available_functions

PyroCMS now has it's own Twitter account : http://www.twitter.com/PyroCMS

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Good man! I meant to set that up for a while but have been busy drinking through my 21st. Is it bad that I dont remember the last week?

Thanks again. Should I hook my github into that?

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1247629607"]Good man! I meant to set that up for a while but have been busy drinking through my 21st. Is it bad that I dont remember the last week?

Thanks again. Should I hook my github into that?[/quote]

Sure thing Smile

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
There is an error in the 'Navigation' module for when deleting a navlink, the error that comes up is

Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function line() in /http/rayherring.net/pharmacy/application/modules/navigation/controllers/admin.php on line 156

I have tried it by just deleting a single link, and also putting a tick in one of the checkboxes and clicking the global delete button and both come up with that error.

[eluser]ray73864[/eluser]
A suggestion that was given to me by one of my clients is to have links that can be for specific pages, so for instance you might have a page called 'Opening Hours' and in the case of this client they have the pharmacy and surgery opening hours, but want the pharmacy hours to be listed by default and then when you click on the main page called 'Opening Hours' a new set of links appears on the page for the 2 different ones.

I hope you understand that one, i can see where they are coming from for it, instead of having 2 links on the main nav called 'Pharmacy Opening Hours' and 'Surgery Opening Hours', just have a single one called 'Opening Hours' and then the page shows the default link's page (which in this case would be 'pharmacy') with a link to view the surgery ones instead.

Sadly thats not possible with the current (very limited) navigation module. Hopefully when Yorick has finished widgets we will be able to insert a new widget area into the page and add a navigation widget to that area.

Yorick: This is another reason that Widget areas should not be limited to the theme designers hard-coded list.

[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1248097048"]Sadly thats not possible with the current (very limited) navigation module. Hopefully when Yorick has finished widgets we will be able to insert a new widget area into the page and add a navigation widget to that area.

Yorick: This is another reason that Widget areas should not be limited to the theme designers hard-coded list.[/quote]

For the last time, widgets aren't hardcoded in the template. The only thing the template does is specifying the widget areas that can be used.

Exactly. How do we add a widget area into a page?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB