Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.3

[eluser]gvillavizar[/eluser]
Ok, I uploaded a new CI 2.0 installation (the last error was on 1.7.1) and as soon as I uploaded the HMVC files (both 5.3 and then 5.2) I received the same error.

The problem seems to be with HMVC and the server configuration, but I don't fix this I rather stop working on HMVC because I can't change the server I'm working on.

Any help would be gratly appreciated.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Version 5.2 is no longer supported.

I have just uploaded the exact same setup to my hosting server with CI 2.0 and Modular Extensions v5.3.4 and it all runs without error.

You will need to give me more details or I cannot help. Sorry.

[eluser]wilso417[/eluser]
Hey @wiredesignz, do you know a quick way to support turning $this->load->module('news/admin') into $this->news_admin?

The issue I am having is that I have many admin controllers all named admin: news/admin, events_admin, etc. If I do: $this->load->module('news/admin'); $this->admin->index(); $this->load->module('events/admin'); $this->admin->index(); the events module will not be loaded and news module will still be used instead.

nevermind, I found how to change it in the Loader module() function

Sorry @wiredesignz,

I was wrong about my initial problem about some libraries not auto-loading, it's a little more complicated than that. My template library is being automatically loaded, however when I try using that library in another library it does not work. For instance, here is a library that is used to build my header:

$this->_CI = &get;_instance();
$this->_CI->template->assign_default();

"Call to a member function assign_default() on a non-object"

You cannot have two classes loaded with the same class name in PHP. You will have to rename them to avoid conflicts anyway and this is nothing to do with Modular Extensions.

Loading libraries in libraries isn't how I would code an application. Sorry I cannot help.

You can have two controllers with the same name. I have seen this done numerous times like in PyroCMS. It makes a lot of structural sense to have an Admin controller in each module.

I do not see anything wrong with a library using another library, like a database library. I have installed applications where a library needs another library.

The old version of your HMVC works fine, I cannot get the new version to work however. Is there a big advantage to your new version?

If you can't get v5.3 to work I suggest you stick with v5.2 until you find the cause.

The biggest advantage is that v5.3 is under development while v5.2 is no longer supported.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
@gvillavizar - I was having the same problem and finally found that instead of loading MX/Config.php, I was loading some other config.php file. So I renamed my MX/Config.php to MX/MXConfig.php and changed the requires in Base.php and CI.php and it works fine now.

Not sure if it matters, but for me everything was working fine on my WAMP setup running PHP 5.3 but was broken when I uploaded it to my web server, which runs PHP 5.2.13.

This is with a brand new install of CI 2.0 and ME 5.3.

[eluser]gvillavizar[/eluser]
[quote author="tanky42" date="1288376452"]@gvillavizar - I was having the same problem and finally found that instead of loading MX/Config.php, I was loading some other config.php file. So I renamed my MX/Config.php to MX/MXConfig.php and changed the requires in Base.php and CI.php and it works fine now.

Not sure if it matters, but for me everything was working fine on my WAMP setup running PHP 5.3 but was broken when I uploaded it to my web server, which runs PHP 5.2.13.

This is with a brand new install of CI 2.0 and ME 5.3.[/quote]

Thank you very much tanky42, that solved the problem right away.

@wiredesignz This seems to be a problem with the HMVC as I uploaded both CI and HMVC directly from the zip file they come in and instantly stopped working.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB