Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Forum Post delay (please ignore)

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014, 11:23 AM by twpmarketing.)

I find the time delay for a new post to appear (I assume it is being vetted by someone) is too long.
Especially when I mis-type something and need to edit my post.Blush

Will we eventually be granted enough status to have our posts automatically vetted and displayed?

[edit] I see there was no delay in the display of this post, so it must be working as I would like...
You can ignore this thread...
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

(10-27-2014, 11:15 AM)twpmarketing Wrote: I find the time delay for a new post to appear (I assume it is being vetted by someone) is too long.
Especially when I mis-type something and need to edit my post.Blush

Will we eventually be granted enough status to have our posts automatically vetted and displayed?

[edit] I see there was no delay in the display of this post, so it must be working as I would like...
You can ignore this thread...

I have purposefully configured the forum so that new registrants need their first post moderated. If you post again before the first is approved, it will appear as though all are being moderated, but that is not the way it should be.

The reason for this policy: spam. Only two attempts have made it through the automated registration, and both have been banned. So, AFAIK, we have no spam on our forums. If any does slip through, I hope that the community will report it.

I know that spam on the EL forums was excessive at times, and that detracted from the forum's usefulness. In the last week, since we went "live", there were about a half-dozen on the EL forum - all but one gone now Smile

Further to the above, if your first post got approved miraculously quickly, that was just coincidence Undecided
I do most of the moderating myself, checking in from time to time.
We also have a moderator, Charlie, from the CI community in China.
Between us, I hope we can provide pretty good coverage and responsiveness.

You're both doing a great job, thank you again!Big Grin
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

Hey James,

I have had several posts approved, but still get the message every time that the moderated has set it so that first posts must be moderated. Just an FYI. Don't know if others are having that same issue or not...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB