Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DataMapper ORM v1.8.2

[eluser]WanWizard[/eluser]
@pukrai,

$this->db points to CI's driver. So something has changed $CI->db. Are you using a $this->load->database somewhere? Are you autoloading the database?

@Tonko,

You can either use SQL functions, or the same trick as you've used before: select('something complicated here', false).

Datamapper mimics CI syntax as much as possible.

[eluser]pukrai[/eluser]
[quote author="WanWizard" date="1347817753"]@pukrai,

$this->db points to CI's driver. So something has changed $CI->db. Are you using a $this->load->database somewhere? Are you autoloading the database?[/quote]

I autoload database and datamapper. Your input did lead my hopefully into the right direction: Since I am switching from ion_auth to my library, some calls still direct to ion_auth and I am using quite some redirects in the login/registering process. Since ion_auth does a $this->load->database, that could have messed things up. This explains too, that the error did not occur everytime for every controller function call, I will keep you posted if you are interested if that really was the case.

Feeling a little stupid if that really was the error since I wasted your precious time. Keep up the great work, Wan!

Best regards,
puk

[eluser]rick20[/eluser]
Hi @Wanwizard, first I wanna say thank you for your datamapper, it really helps a lot in my current project, I hope you still keep the good work Smile

I have a question I've asked before here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12453...after-save

My problem is, I want to serialize() a field on my object when saving to the database and unserialize() it when getting from the database. In this case, I use 'rules' and 'get_rules' for that field.
However, accessing the field value after calling save() method returns serialized value instead of unserialized one.

So I have to re-get() the object to have 'get_rules' works for that field as suggested by Jordan Arseno.

Is there any other way to have get_rules works after save()? because re-access the database will reduce performance, whereas the object is actually there and ready to be used.
And my objective is to simplify my controllers, so I put all post-processes of a model in itself.

Really appreciate your advice Smile
Thank you

That is a good one. I think you have the same issue if you save, but the validation fails. If you have rules that transform values (such as serialize), it will leave the object in a transformed state.

Get rules are run by the protected method _run_get_rules(), which is called after a row read has been converted to an object.

I can't test it at the moment, but if you modify the save() method, and insert
Code:
$this->_run_get_rules();
just before
Code:
return ( ! empty($result) && ! in_array(FALSE, $result));
it should work again.

Let me know to I can push the fix to bitbucket.

[eluser]rick20[/eluser]
Hi Wanwizard, I already add this line:

Code:
$this->_run_get_rules();

Then I try it like this:

Code:
public function index()
{
    $user = new User(32);
    print_r($user->preferences);
    $user->preferences = array('show_email' => TRUE, 'show_name' => FALSE);
    $user->save();
    //print_r($user->preferences);
}

At first try, it works, but then after reloading the page I got this error:

Quote:A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given

Filename: libraries/datamapper.php

Line Number: 6415

Do you know why?
Thanks in advance Smile

Hmm...

Just tried your test code here on the latest DM library (without modifying save), and the get rules work fine here. No matter what I do, the print_r() after save shows the array, not the string...

edit:

Take that back. It seems to be more complicated than this, sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. During testing I saw that notice pop up once. Also, if the column is empty, unserialize returns false instead of empty array, which isn't good either.

Just pushed an updated version to bitbucket, could you try it?

[eluser]rick20[/eluser]
Hi Wanwizard,

I just try it, but the problem seems still exist somehow, success on first time, and then error on second try.
I notice that $this->_run_get_rules(); is actually executed, but then according to the warning line 5997, the particular field is already array, which is weird I think, why now it contains array instead of serialized array.

Odd, I can not reproduce it, no matter how many times I reload the page with the test code.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB