Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Fuel - Igniter ...

FuelPHP is nice, so nice. ¿Why?, because it is so similar to Codeigniter. FuelPHP has many features requested by the troop in CI.

So, anybody can tell the difference between them?. Why to chose CI instead of Fuel, or otherwise?.

I would like to have a Fuel - Igniter framework. Is that in the field of possible?.

Best regards.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 09:24 PM by ivantcholakov. Edit Reason: A typo )

@portaflex

I don't share your enthusiasm, because:

1. Their team seems to be small for the scale of this project.
2. It is not seen significant activity about their next release 2.
3. A subjective opinion: The project relies partly on donations. This is not a good sign about its future.

(This post was last modified: 06-21-2015, 10:38 AM by nasser.man.)

first about CI3 , i really like it, it is fast and really easy to learn and use, but it has not some features that i need like built-in auth , hmvc and template system. yes there is some really good packages for this, i use CI3 and i am waiting for new version of CI, especially it new team at British Columbia Institute of Technology are working on it ,

about Fuelphp, it is based on CI created by some CI developers, it is fast enough, has a simple ORM, auth , template , HMVC , and many other things, forum and documentation is not bad and you will get you answer in their IRC,

i didn't compare CI and Fuel, currently development of V2 of Fuel has speed down but ver.1.x is nice and useful enough, two of them is stable. i am learning fuel now.

i think fuel-igniter can be a great framework, but each of them is good option.
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

On the surface you might think that Fuel and CI are similar, but there are huge differences, and you're probably going to need to build a couple of websites with each before you start realizing what those are. You should experiment and then you will know what you like best. I tried playing around with Fuel, but found myself back here at CodeIgniter. I've played around with most modern frameworks, but find myself back here at CodeIgniter. I've written my own framework, and like it, but CI is too easy to use, so I find myself using it more. I would have abandoned CI forever if BCIT had not changed the license of CI3, but they did!

I think there are different frameworks for different projects. For instance, I've used Slim for tiny projects on servers that needed a super simple way to intercept XML documents coming from another server. Slim was great for that.

There is no perfect framework, but the notion of CodeIgniter and Fuel being joined into one framework is a discussion for the CI4 section of the forums. We can do better than Fuel, so let's not shoot at the dirt, ya know?

I use both CodeIgniter and Laravel.

I like CodeIgniter because it's very simple and very easy to learn but the coding style is very behind by Laravel.
Laravel is super advance the coding style is beautiful but installation is not easy not like as CodeIgniter.
And when things break Laravel is hard to fix specially when you are using windows OS lol

(06-22-2015, 04:13 AM)solidcodes Wrote: I use both CodeIgniter and Laravel.

I like CodeIgniter because it's very simple and very easy to learn but the coding style is very behind by Laravel.
Laravel is super advance the coding style is beautiful but installation is not easy not like as CodeIgniter.
And when things break Laravel is hard to fix specially when you are using windows OS lol

two or three times i decide to learn laravel and started to reed some books and watch video casts, but compared to codeigniter it is hard for me!, until i saw fuelphp, in few days i read its simple documentaion and i liked it, currently i am creating a simple application with it, i like fuelphp and codeigniter because they are easy yet enough for me, what you think about fuelphp vs laravel?
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

@nassar.man

I haven't tried fuelphp but I think it's not comparable to Laravel.
since laravel is very advance and modern framework.
The downside with laravel is the learning curve, it really takes time to learn it.

For me Fuelphp is a better choice than Laravel as it was easier to learn for me and has all the features I need build it.
Right now I have developing a project in both CI3 and Fuelphp to learn both frameworks better.

(06-22-2015, 06:54 AM)frocco Wrote: For me Fuelphp is a better choice than Laravel as it was easier to learn for me and has all the features I need build it.
Right now I have developing a project in both CI3 and Fuelphp to learn both frameworks better.

exactly ! fuelphp and codeigniter have many features that i need,
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

Personally don't have interest in Laravel. I regard that Framework as a big and slow mix of may things from many people. I'm not sure Fabien Potencier is that happy about. The one who strike first strikes twice, sure, but this is a long distance competition.

CI has been THE framework, now it has new "energy" to break into code market. Fuel is an improved version of CI with many new features, most of what will be included in the next CI release, for sure.

My point is just take a look and implement what is suitable and worthy from both. Maybe someone make that task.

Best regards.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB