Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cannot send mails using SMTP
Sad 

Hello!

I'm trying to send mails using SMTP connecting to Office 365 account. Unfortunately it stops... Here are things I could see.

Code:
Severity: Warning --> stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL: crypto enabling timeout /home/ekspert/domains/szkola-ekspert.pl/danestrony/system/libraries/Email.php 2006
ERROR - 2016-06-23 17:01:30 -->

220 AM2PR09CA0019.outlook.office365.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Thu, 23 Jun 2016 15:08:16 +0000
<br /><pre>hello: </pre>The following SMTP error was encountered: <br /><pre>starttls: </pre>The following SMTP error was encountered: <br />The following SMTP error was encountered: <br />Unable to send email using PHP SMTP. Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.<br /><pre>User-Agent: CodeIgniter
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 17:01:15 +0200
Return-Path: &lt;*****************************&gt;
To: *****************************
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Wy=C5=9Bwietlono=20stron=C4=99?==?UTF-8?Q?!?=
Reply-To: &lt;*****************************&gt;
X-Sender: *****************************
X-Mailer: CodeIgniter
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-ID: &lt;576bf9bbbe287@*****************************&gt;
Mime-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

&lt;!DOCTYPE html&gt;&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;Ktoś wyświetlił stronę!&lt;/title&gt;&lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ktoś wyświetlił stronę eszkola w języku pl.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;</pre>

The error is:
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL: crypto enabling timeout

Filename: libraries/Email.php

Line Number: 2006

Backtrace:

File: /home/********************/domains/****************/danestrony/application/models/Pages_model.php
Line: 50
Function: send

File: /home/********************/domains/****************/danestrony/application/controllers/Pages.php
Line: 11
Function: getPage

File: /home/********************/domains/****************/public_html/index.php
Line: 338
Function: require_once

And my code:

PHP Code:
$this->load->library('email');

$this->email->from('*****************************');
$this->email->to('*****************************');
$this->email->subject('Wyświetlono stronę!');
$this->email->message('<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Ktoś wyświetlił stronę!</title></head><body><p>Ktoś wyświetlił stronę ' $link ' w języku ' $lang '.</p></body></html>');
$this->email->send();

if(!
$this->email->send()) {

log_message('error'PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL.$this->email->print_debugger().PHP_EOL.PHP_EOL);

Config file (application/config/email.php):
Code:
<?php
defined('BASEPATH') OR exit('No direct script access allowed');

$config['crlf'] = '\r\n';
$config['newline'] = '\r\n';
$config['wordwrap'] = FALSE;

$config['protocol'] = 'smtp';
$config['smtp_host'] = 'smtp.office365.com';
$config['smtp_port'] = 587;
$config['smtp_user'] = '*****************************';
$config['smtp_pass'] = '*****************************';
$config['smtp_crypto'] = 'tls';
$config['smtp_timeout'] = 5;

I would check your SMTP settings in your php.ini file.

Also make sure that SSL is enabled.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

InsiteFx,
I tried to use https, but it didn't work. However, I don't use it because I'm using shared hosting account so I cannot use SSL certificate - may it without temporaily without it?

The php.ini settings SMTP and smtp_port are set default, but the script connects to Office 365 SMTP server as you can see in the log.

Here's log from today's try:
Code:
ERROR - 2016-06-25 15:30:01 --> Severity: Warning --> stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL: crypto enabling timeout /home/ekspert/domains/szkola-ekspert.pl/danestrony/system/libraries/Email.php 2006
ERROR - 2016-06-25 15:30:01 -->

220 AM5PR0501CA0039.outlook.office365.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Sat, 25 Jun 2016 13:36:50 +0000
<br /><pre>hello: </pre>The following SMTP error was encountered: <br /><pre>starttls: </pre>The following SMTP error was encountered: <br />The following SMTP error was encountered: <br />Unable to send email using PHP SMTP. Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.<br />Failed to send AUTH LOGIN command. Error: <br />Unable to send email using PHP SMTP. Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.<br /><pre>User-Agent: CodeIgniter
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 15:29:46 +0200
Return-Path: &lt;[email protected]&gt;
To: [email protected]
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Wy=C5=9Bwietlono=20stron=C4=99?==?UTF-8?Q?!?=
Reply-To: &lt;[email protected]&gt;
X-Sender: [email protected]
X-Mailer: CodeIgniter
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Message-ID: &lt;[email protected]&gt;
Mime-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

&lt;!DOCTYPE html&gt;&lt;html&gt;&lt;head&gt;&lt;title&gt;Ktoś wyświetlił stronę!&lt;/title&gt;&lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;&lt;p&gt;Ktoś wyświetlił stronę eszkola w języku pl.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;</pre>

Any ideas? I have no idea...

On the other side, I have a Moodle instance in one of subdomains and it's configured to send mails using another account. And it works perfectly well, so it must work somehow...

Thanks in advance!
Pj

Hello!

I solved that problem... yesterday. It is important to set newline and crlf to
PHP Code:
"\r\n" 
, using double quotes. Then everything works.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB