Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Hello and Thank You!

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all contributors on the Choosing CodeIgniter Forum.

I'm wanting to take a Joomla site and rebuild it to remove the need for constant updates, minimise the risk of potentially site breaking changes and to regain full control of my content without overides. 

I've been looking at a number of options but I have to say that the threads here are a great help, providing the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

I'd written off CodeIgniter but came back and took a closer look. I was impressed by the quality of the documentation and the "feel" of the project. 

My decision to sign up to the forum, say thank you and to get stuck in has been helped by some really loyal and passionate contributors.

Whilst my task ahead may not be easy I am looking forward to getting started with CodeIgniter.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forums and your Welcome.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

What a pleasant message!

You will not regret it. At first the things not included might make you reconsider using a more 'complete' package, but once you are over that hurdle following your joomla experiences, you will quickly see that all the clutter, forced processes, weird approaches and hacks you are used to working with, are all just a complete pain and you have lost nothing. What you have gained is complete freedom, total control, with a toolbox that is powerful yet not descriptive. You do things the way you want to, and eventually you will end up with a powerful, sleek, fast and easily modified website that does everything joomla did, and a lot more, without all the baggage, constraints and problems.

Good luck.

Paul.

(10-09-2017, 08:44 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Welcome to the Forums and your Welcome.

Hey, thank you, appreciated!

(10-09-2017, 08:51 AM)PaulD Wrote: What a pleasant message!

You will not regret it. At first the things not included might make you reconsider using a more 'complete' package, but once you are over that hurdle following your joomla experiences, you will quickly see that all the clutter, forced processes, weird approaches and hacks you are used to working with, are all just a complete pain and you have lost nothing. What you have gained is complete freedom, total control, with a toolbox that is powerful yet not descriptive. You do things the way you want to, and eventually you will end up with a powerful, sleek, fast and easily modified website that does everything joomla did, and a lot more, without all the baggage, constraints and problems.

Good luck.

Paul.
Hi Paul,

Thank you for the encouragement!

Your comments are a great summary of my reasons to look for a more efficient solution in CodeIgniter.

Onwards, and, all being well, upwards!!

You should also dig into the CodeIgniter ./system file, there are a
lot of hidden gems in there...
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(10-10-2017, 03:52 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: You should also dig into the CodeIgniter ./system file, there are a
lot of hidden gems in there...

Thank you..!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB