Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHPbenchmarks.com

(This post was last modified: 12-22-2018, 09:12 AM by ciadmin.)

Interesting exercise, trying to look at CodeIgniter from the perspective of other frameworks Undecided

One thing that has popped out of my activities is a composer-installable CI3.1 app starter, "codeigniter3/starter3.1", with index.php moved to a "public" folder (like in CI4) and with the internal paths set to look for the composer-installed framework in a project.

(12-22-2018, 09:11 AM)ciadmin Wrote: Interesting exercise, trying to look at CodeIgniter from the perspective of other frameworks Undecided

One thing that has popped out of my activities is a composer-installable CI3.1 app starter, "codeigniter3/starter3.1", with index.php moved to a "public" folder (like in CI4) and with the internal paths set to look for the composer-installed framework in a project.

One of these things, I saw someone complain that CI doesn't force more best practices or security config on you, which could be valid point, sometimes you just want everything in simple check list, automated as much as possible.

Hows it looking otherwise? Would offer help but looks like I've picked up miniproject over Christmas holidays so will be tied up with that.

(12-24-2018, 04:22 AM)Pertti Wrote: Hows it looking otherwise? Would offer help but looks like I've picked up miniproject over Christmas holidays so will be tied up with that.

I am almost done incorporating the requested benchmark features, above & beyond "hello world" and 'basic rest", so no help needed, thanks. I should be done this week, and then may need to work with Steevan getting the proper benchmarks in place. My best guess for CI3 showing up in the benchmarks would be early in the new year.

Once CI3 has been sorted out, I will start on gettig CI4 included too Smile

(12-24-2018, 11:24 AM)ciadmin Wrote: I am almost done incorporating the requested benchmark features, above & beyond "hello world" and 'basic rest", so no help needed, thanks. I should be done this week, and then may need to work with Steevan getting the proper benchmarks in place. My best guess for CI3 showing up in the benchmarks would be early in the new year.

Once CI3 has been sorted out, I will start on gettig CI4 included too Smile

Excellent news, and well done spending holiday period for greater good!

Eagerly awaiting figures here Smile

I will see your code next week Smile

How's that project going, any updates? Tongue

As far as I know, I have completed my part for both the 3.1.9 benchmarks. I received an email notification that the "hello world" benchmark has been setup, but I am still awaiting for word on the "rest" one, and for the benchmarks to be run & incorporated into the other results on their site.

Once this coalesces, I can look at doing the same for CI4 Smile

My bad, i'm a little bit late Wink

Features asked are all on one branch, but after you did it, i have to separate it into 2 branches (hello-world and rest-api).
To be honnest, i have 6 new frameworks since 2 months, and i don't have time do revue it.

So i've changed my mind: don't ask a big branch with everything inside, but ask 2 branches with the right code inside.

To do it easily, for you and me, i'm a on benchmark kit, to validate everything you did.
For now, only Hello world is validated by this kit. I'm on REST API.

I will tell you as soon as it's available, to use it on CI3.

Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2019, 10:39 PM by rfrkk.)

It can't find codeigniter anymore at PHPbenchmarks.com  Angel

The CodeIgniter3 benchmarks have not been added to the set of frameworks yet. Patience!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB