Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Are Transactions supported together with the usage of Models?

I would like to combine several model save operations within one transaction unit. I only know that
  1. transactions are supported as methods of the connection interface
  2. the model class does not provide access to the used connection interface
Therefore, I do not see a possibility to combine this functionality. Am I missing anything? Is there any other possibility to use transactions together with models?

That's a good question, actually. The _call method and the builder instance should allow you to access the transactions through the model but I honestly haven't tried it.

(12-30-2018, 08:34 PM)kilishan Wrote: That's a good question, actually. The _call method and the builder instance should allow you to access the transactions through the model but I honestly haven't tried it.

Thanks! It works via the __call method. Did not know about it. Perhaps it is worthwhile to mention anywhere at a prominent place that methods of the builder and the database connection can be used directly from the model.

PS: It is actually indirectly mentioned at a hidden place: in the note paragraph of the "Working With Query Builder" section.

Glad to hear it works! And you're right that could be a bit clearer. Once we hit beta I'm sure there will be a big focus on more docs cleanup.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB