Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Do you use the database backup feature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.86%
38 40.86%
No
59.14%
55 59.14%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How often do you use the backup() method of the database drivers?

i have cronjob that executes mysqldump and upload to google drive every night

Shouldn't have to write code to backup your database.
Simpler is always better

(02-08-2019, 08:22 PM)skunkbad Wrote: php exec + mysqldump + Dropbox API on a cron works for me.

I think it is a plus and nice to have if you host your application where there is not much tools or support.
I don't know why the others framework does not have this option? so keep it to make CI Special and Unique some what.

Do not and never have used it. Would not miss it if not implemented.
Exclamation 
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2019, 12:24 AM by ubayedtanvir. Edit Reason: Link romoval )

Please don't remove the feature and we will very much appreciate if the feature exists in upcoming version. Lot of developer may not use the feature, but some developers do. We are developing a web application where we are dumping clients website data using this feature. It helped us a lot minimizing workload.  Thanks.

Please keep it in, can be usefull, thanks Wink
Wink 

I use it !

The backup feature of hosting plans costs money !

This FREE feature allow us to save a few bucks every month !

Drop it!

I've looked at the code and basically it just generates and bunch of insert statements for each table.
I think if somebody needs this feature and does not have access to run cron jobs and mysqldump, then they can just as easily have adminer uploaded to the server and use that to manage the database.

I'm on the team of devs that use mysqldump :-)

Hello.My hosting provider backs up my database every 7 days for me.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB