Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
@DennisP: Those errors are to do with how the website preferences are fetched nothing to do with your issue. Someone has said there is an infinite loop when using php4 on the page you say, this could very well be the problem. There is a ticket here which someone posted on the matter, along with a quick fix.

@tdktank59: You can assign as many resource access rights to a group as you want. Actions are used to create even more advanced permissions. For example you could grant someone ACCESS to manage resources, but then create a permission for their group to DENY them access to the delete action for resources.

What you say is possible since ACL allow very fine grained control of access. You allow groups access to resource by creating permission rules, so you can have as many as you want.

[eluser]tdktank59[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1220068321"]@tdktank59: You can assign as many resource access rights to a group as you want. Actions are used to create even more advanced permissions. For example you could grant someone ACCESS to manage resources, but then create a permission for their group to DENY them access to the delete action for resources.

What you say is possible since ACL allow very fine grained control of access. You allow groups access to resource by creating permission rules, so you can have as many as you want.[/quote]

Got it.

However here is a idea for your next update or when ever you get the time to add it.

Instead of making multiple permissions be able to use checkboxes and have the code create the extra permissions so we can control each group from one page instead of multiple permissions. If you follow what im saying?

Also you cant modify permissions you can only create new ones. Just An FWI that was a little annoying.

[eluser]DennisP[/eluser]
[quote author="adamp1" date="1220068321"]@DennisP: Those errors are to do with how the website preferences are fetched nothing to do with your issue. Someone has said there is an infinite loop when using php4 on the page you say, this could very well be the problem. There is a ticket here which someone posted on the matter, along with a quick fix.[/quote]

Worked like a charm, thanks much. Smile

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello.
Thanks for great job first of all.
But i have strange trouble: on localhost everything is just fine, but when i upload site to the hosting, i can't log in — i have 502 nginx error «Bad gateway» when click «login» on index.php/auth/login.html — it was couple of times when i got in, but mostly 502 error. When i ask hoster for logs, i've got

2008/09/25 16:30:58 [error] 84605#0: *7999976 upstream sent too big header while reading response header from upstream,
client: 89.237.***.**,
server: cp146.agava.net,
request: "POST /index.php/auth/login.html HTTP/1.0",
upstream: "http://89.108.**.**:81/index.php/auth/login.html",
host: "myhost.ru",
referrer: "http://myhost.ru/index.php/auth/login.html"

can you help me? i've made whole back end for site with backendpro, and now i just can't use it.

Thank You.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
OK I finally have some spare time so am starting again to develop BackendPro. I must apologise for the long wait but I hope you understand that web development isn't my career, just a side hobby for a bit of extra money, so it can't take priority over other work.

As said I will first of all start looking into all the issues posted on Assembla, then I will work through this thread trying to solve any issues raised.

@simon.otst: Can I ask what version of PHP you have and also did you login to the site during developing the backend? It could be a view things if a very large header is being sent, maybe an infinite loop (which I have been told exist in PHP4) or some issue with the loading of assets and caching.

[eluser]Amzad Hossain[/eluser]
@simon.otst: I am not exactly sure about this. But is that server a Windows IIS server. If so, then change the index_page in config file like this 'index.php?'

$config['index_page'] = "index.php?"

worth a try.. Big Grin

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Please can everyone understand this version is not compatible with the new version of CI 1.7. I am hopping to get 0.4 out soon which will work with CI 1.7 (downside is it won't work with CI pre 1.7)

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
Quote:I am hopping to get 0.4 out soon which will work with CI 1.7

I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:downside is it won’t work with CI pre 1.7

I was building an app and then it got set aside, sounds like a good reason to upgrade to CI 1.7 and backend pro 0.4 and get back at it!

Wink

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
There are some very nice changes I have been meaning to implement for a while in BeP 0.4. Some include:

* A better install process which checks for folder permissions and can installer components if they failed during install
* Optimised the loading of BackendPro. I have stopped BackendPro loading automatically, now it is only loads if you visit a controller which extends Site_Controller. Also moved a lot of code out of the Userlib into its own library since it isn't needed 95% of the time.
*Image class. This allows images to be loaded dynamical and cached (this is my favourite feature)

So watch this space, (if you really can't wait most of these changes are in the SVN, but I can't guarantee how stable it is)

[eluser]palZ[/eluser]
hello adamp1,

the new changes are nice!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB