Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
BackendPro 0.6.1

[eluser]cetrus[/eluser]
permission troubles:

I want to have 3 (major)groups of people using my projected site:
Group 1: guests - without login -> via public_controller?
Group 2: users - with login and different rights -> via admin_controller?
Group 3: admins - with login and full rigths -> via admin_controller.
Am I right with this? if yes, then the admin_controller is more a member_controller?.

My problem are pages with user-login-permission, not to see for everybody:
I have some trouble with this because of my test-page is only shown for users with admin-rights and runs via admin_controller.

When I do it via public_controller I can see the page by typing the URL in the browser-field except I give a check() then it works for group 2 as it should.

I think, the way via admin_controller and user-rights should work, so I did something wrong?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Not quite. What you should do is as follows:

Group 1 - Your 100% correct on this one
Group 2 - Since these users are accessing I take it a logged in area you use public_controller but put a check() on the controller/method you want.
Group 3 - Only administrations should be able to get to the Control Panel, so only ever use admin_controller for that, never for group 2.

[eluser]cetrus[/eluser]
Thanks for your fast reply and for sharing the BP solution with us.
It is quite clear now for me, and I can start my work with it.

Regards

[eluser]elektron[/eluser]
Sorry,
but I have opened a NEW TOPIC instead to post here questions regarding BackEndPro.
It's possible to read at
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/155697/

[eluser]shinokada[/eluser]
BeP uses Codeigniter's old validation library.

I am wondering if there is a easy way to change to CI's new form validation library...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I don't want the welcome page provided by your application. I just want to use this as an out and out admin panel as I have fb connect in my site.

How do I make the change so that this system doesn't slow my website down and only loads when I call /admin

EDIT: I just deleted the folder "welcome" under the modules folder and that lead to my site being displayed. But I'm guessing there must be a more gracious way of doing this? New to codeigniter and learning a lot of new things and these new things seem to be endless. So I'm kind of irritated and with an attitude of "what-ever-works". But my aim is to learn the best way to work with codeigniter.

[eluser]ecotypes[/eluser]
This is probably a stupid question, but I'm totally new and trying to use CI and BackendPro together -- a test for a big project coming up.

Things work great until I want to add extra segments onto a URL.

http://www.shirleydenton.com/plants/pindex
works just fine
I get the controller for plants/pindex loaded and segment 1 has 'plants' in it and segment 2 has 'pindex' in it. Segments 3 and 4 are empty (should be)
So far so good.
I'm extending the public controller as it is a public page

directory structure is
modules
-plants
--controllers
---pindex.php
--views
---public
----pindex.php

but

http://www.shirleydenton.com/plants/pindex/alpha/A

causes a 404 message instead of loading the controller
plants/pindex and then setting the last two segments -- it very persistently tries to load the entire URL with naturally does not exist

I've looked inside the admin section and the comparable code successfully works and the segments get loaded.

I tried changing the directory structure to
modules
-plants
--controllers
---admin
----pindex.php (also tried changing it to extend the admin controller)
--views
---public
----pindex.php

--and a number of variants on this theme. nothing helped.

I've read and read and I'm finding nothing in the CI, BackendPro, or Matchbox documentation or forum threads. I have to be missing something very basic here about coding in the BackendPro context

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="shinokada" date="1274402140"]BeP uses Codeigniter's old validation library.

I am wondering if there is a easy way to change to CI's new form validation library...[/quote]

Yes you can upgrade it, just replace the calls to the old validation library with the new. But I am not going to update 0.6.1 to use the new Validation library, that will be in 1.0

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="agentcris" date="1275348810"]I don't want the welcome page provided by your application. I just want to use this as an out and out admin panel as I have fb connect in my site.

How do I make the change so that this system doesn't slow my website down and only loads when I call /admin

EDIT: I just deleted the folder "welcome" under the modules folder and that lead to my site being displayed. But I'm guessing there must be a more gracious way of doing this? New to codeigniter and learning a lot of new things and these new things seem to be endless. So I'm kind of irritated and with an attitude of "what-ever-works". But my aim is to learn the best way to work with codeigniter.

[/quote]

Yes that is the way to do it. Basically the welcome module was designed to contain my demo welcome page. By deleting it thats fine. I would then change the main config/routes.php file to point to the correct location (rather than the newly deleted welcome page)

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
[quote author="ecotypes" date="1275619951"]This is probably a stupid question, but I'm totally new and trying to use CI and BackendPro together -- a test for a big project coming up.

Things work great until I want to add extra segments onto a URL.

http://www.shirleydenton.com/plants/pindex
works just fine
I get the controller for plants/pindex loaded and segment 1 has 'plants' in it and segment 2 has 'pindex' in it. Segments 3 and 4 are empty (should be)
So far so good.
I'm extending the public controller as it is a public page

directory structure is
modules
-plants
--controllers
---pindex.php
--views
---public
----pindex.php

but

http://www.shirleydenton.com/plants/pindex/alpha/A

causes a 404 message instead of loading the controller
plants/pindex and then setting the last two segments -- it very persistently tries to load the entire URL with naturally does not exist

I've looked inside the admin section and the comparable code successfully works and the segments get loaded.

I tried changing the directory structure to
modules
-plants
--controllers
---admin
----pindex.php (also tried changing it to extend the admin controller)
--views
---public
----pindex.php

--and a number of variants on this theme. nothing helped.

I've read and read and I'm finding nothing in the CI, BackendPro, or Matchbox documentation or forum threads. I have to be missing something very basic here about coding in the BackendPro context[/quote]

I Take it alpha is the method inside the controller and A will be the first parameter?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB