Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
It Works!

Hi

Ive installed CI on my Mac, along with a website i developed. The site has been working happily on a windows server. I had to update the version of PHP to 7.3 which meant I had to move the server to a Linux OS. Once moved the site stopped working, i.e. nothing is displayed. So to help debug the issue i installed on my mac.

When i go to localhost in my browser, all I get is a page which says 'It Works!'. I can't find the phrase anywhere in CI, does any know where that comes from?

Thanks for any pointers! 

Davej

(06-21-2019, 07:20 PM)softtekk Wrote: Hi

Ive installed CI on my Mac, along with a website i developed. The site has been working happily on a windows server. I had to update the version of PHP to 7.3 which meant I had to move the server to a Linux OS. Once moved the site stopped working, i.e. nothing is displayed. So to help debug the issue i installed on my mac.

When i go to localhost in my browser, all I get is a page which says 'It Works!'. I can't find the phrase anywhere in CI, does any know where that comes from?

Thanks for any pointers! 

Davej

1. File and Class names must start with an uppercase letter.
2. Make a screen from It Works. Could be the default page from apache

(06-21-2019, 11:14 PM)Paradinight Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 07:20 PM)softtekk Wrote: Hi

Thanks for any pointers! 

Davej

1. File and Class names must start with an uppercase letter.
2. Make a screen from It Works. Could be the default page from apache

Thanks for your reply. I have since found out that its the default page for apache server.  Smile I've also tried typing a url for a page and i get a 404 page not found. I have very limited knowledge around Linux/Mac OSX, there is some bathing issue that is different to IIS, any ideas on what that could be? Thanks!

- Where did you put your files?
in Linux, the default directory for sites is /var/www/html (or /var/www/)
see: apache tutorial
works with debian also

- checked your $config['base_url'] in codeigniter

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB