Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CRUD, how-to

Still, I am missing a more useful CRUD example. I look at the docs, section Build your first application - not complete.  I look at the repo Playground - not complete. I google for tutorials and I search Youtube  - no result.

Could someone, please anywhere present code that covers a CRUD?

I like to see it handle (besides from the obvious stuff):

• various input, at especially "select"
  • various validation examples
  • error handling that approaches each input
  • flash message on success/fail
It doesn't have to be in the docs. A Github repo would be enough in my opinion. I think that many new coders would appreciate this a lot.

I'll be covering all that in the video series I'm doing on youtube. If you want give it a subscribe and I'll get to that in the following episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9HQjer...RoKMwtYQ4w
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

I found a series called "Codeigniter 4 from scratch" on youtube. Seams interesting. Maybe someone of the CI4 experts has any comment on this? Is this a good one? Maybe the best out there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK4HpI4R8q8

That is the most complete one that is out, but I kinda disagree about some stuff he does, that was one of the reasons I decided to start this venture Smile
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

(07-20-2020, 12:38 PM)marcogmonteiro Wrote: That is the most complete one that is out, but I kinda disagree about some stuff he does, that was one of the reasons I decided to start this venture Smile
It is very appreciated! I am surprised that such basic stuff isn't covered by examples already. There is a lot of focus on testing and other more deep subjects. I am sure that also they are important, but without the basic explanation at least I have no use for it.

No mean to be hard on the one that is making all the hard work, just trying to say that I have been stuck with CI4 for about a year, my projects are still written in CI3, and I can't change that until I am 100% familiar with how CRUDs are done in CI4.

Understanding CRUDs gives you so much learning you can use in other CI4 applications:
  • Connect and use db with manipulation, migrations and seeding
  • Writing HTML and CSS
  • Learning about requests
  • Validation
  • Add in libraries and write your own
  • Get a good understanding of multidimensional arrays and getting to loop and manipulate them
  • Authentication
  • Session handling

So with that said, I look forward to being able to switch to CI4 as soon as possible. I am very excited!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB