Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter 4 in intranet

It' s possible use codeigniter 4 in intranet without launch php spark serve ?

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2020, 01:28 PM by captain-sensible.)

An Intranet is at its simplest a number of computers connected together i.e a network

I once set one up C i.e 192.168.0.1 on a very small scale with Slackware Linux with Windows clients.
It was for an edu project 3rd world. If you have say Apache that is running on the Slackware PC and you put CI4 in the web server correct location, say at /var/www/htdocs/projectone
then say you use dnsmasq to lease Ip addresses to the client PC's on the Intranet network then the clients on the network "can" get served the contents using the correct url to the Linux PC via a web browser just like you do on the "Internet"

Spark serve as i have used it is when playing with CI4 on the Desktop outside of a web server.

(09-29-2020, 01:25 PM)captain-sensible Wrote: An Intranet is at its simplest a number of computers connected together i.e a network

I once set one up C i.e 192.168.0.1  on a very small scale with Slackware Linux with Windows clients.
It was for an edu project 3rd world. If you have say Apache that is running on the Slackware PC and you put CI4 in the web server correct location,  say at /var/www/htdocs/projectone
then say you use dnsmasq to lease  Ip addresses to the client PC's on the Intranet network  then the clients on the network "can"  get served the contents using the correct url to the Linux PC via a web browser just like you do on the "Internet"

Spark serve as i have used it is when playing with CI4 on the Desktop outside of a web server.

In this intranet there is an application with ci 3 , is it the same ?

Hi @pippuccio76,

An "INtranet" is about connecting computers together via a network. Its really a separate entity and therefore "off topic" from Codeigniter4, which the mods might balk at. It might be something to start a thread maybe in the "lounge".

A typical example of an Intranet, might be in a company where content in the form of web pages is accessible only to the employees and not the public.

There is "perhaps " a common starting point for web sites on the Internet and web content available on an Intranet and that is developing a web application in a web server. Thats how i do my dev, I have CI4.0.4 in apache web server running on Slackware Linux. I test my approach to user authentication and content they can access once logged in.

Its a small jump from there to using the application either on a live web on in the web server of a PC serving content to PC clients on an Intranet.

Perhaps you might elaborate what you want to do and then we answer if CI4 could do it/be best suited ?

(09-30-2020, 01:22 AM)captain-sensible Wrote: Hi @pippuccio76,

An "INtranet" is about connecting computers together via a network. Its really a separate entity and therefore "off topic"  from Codeigniter4, which the mods might balk at. It might be something to start a thread maybe in the "lounge".

A typical  example of an Intranet, might be in a company where content in the form of web pages is accessible only to the employees and not the public.

There is "perhaps " a common starting point for web sites on the Internet and web content available on an Intranet and that is developing a web application in a web server. Thats how i do my dev, I have CI4.0.4 in apache web server running on Slackware Linux. I test my approach to user authentication and content they can access once logged in.

Its a small jump from there to using the application either on a live web on  in the web server of a PC serving content to PC clients on an Intranet.

Perhaps you might elaborate what you want to do and then we answer if CI4 could do it/be best suited ?
i don't understand why is separate to codeigniter4 , i want use a framework in my company network , with ci3 i create an application that work fine in this intranet . Can i do the same with ci4 on the same intranet with the other application ? otherwise i have to choose another framework (ps the server is a windows server)

(This post was last modified: 09-30-2020, 07:17 AM by Gary.)

Intranet/Extranet/Internet from a networking perspective are essentially all different portions of the same network nowadays (where an Intranet or Extranet is simply 'dark' (hidden) to most global users). Sure, there are some differences, particularly when it comes to security concessions/permissions and what one has direct control over (or has to provide oneself, if desired), but from a networking protocol perspective petty much everything is (or can be) the same.

So CI is perfectly suited to any of these- it wouldn't really know, or care about any difference (though, of course it (or Apache/AN Other webserver) couldn't make use of services on the Internet that were blocked in your Intranet- for example: a Certification Authority for HTTPS).

(09-29-2020, 12:23 PM)pippuccio76 Wrote: It' s possible use codeigniter 4 in intranet without launch php spark serve ?

Yes it is.

But you must install a web server like Apache or NGINX or IIS with PHP to serve it, wathever the network you want to serve: Intranet or Internet.

The host must have the 80 port open and the codeigniter folder accesible and it will appear just entering the same network of the codeigniter's hoster.

The Offtopic comes when you say "i don't understand why is separate to codeigniter4". Intranet is a network. CodeIgniter is an Web Framework that is handled by PHP that is a proprocessor for an WebServer like Apache or NGINX or IIS and those are applications that enable those interpretations for serving them into your web browser.

i hope you understand this.

Cheers!

(09-30-2020, 03:00 AM)pippuccio76 Wrote: i don't understand why is separate to codeigniter4 , i want use a framework in my company network , with ci3 i create an application that work fine in this intranet . Can i do the same with ci4 on the same intranet with the other application ? otherwise i have to choose another framework (ps the server is a windows server)
 ok then if you are using Ci3 for an INtranet then with CI4  php >= 7.3 then it will work even better :^)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB