Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL

[eluser]alphane[/eluser]
Hi all,

I've been developing with CI intermittently for about a year. I'm by no means a novice, but not coming from a PHP background before using CI has left some major gaps in my knowledge.

My current issue is that I want to create a site using a full "virtual directory" structure. So where I understand I could easily create a controller to handle requests such as

Code:
www.site.com/controller/friendly-page-name

what if I wanted to show the pages relationship to other pages through the URL? How could I, for example, achieve something like this:

Code:
www.site.com/parent-page/child-page/even-deeper-page

I could route all requests to a master controller, but wouldn't that leave me with the situation of having to then manually re-route all exceptions to their true controllers?

It seems to me that there should be a really elegant solution that is just eluding me. I don't really know what to call this "technique" either, which is also hindering me searching the web for known solutions.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction on this?

Regards,

Andy

Messages In This Thread
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Help with full "fake" directory structure URL - by El Forum - 09-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB