Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How do we get CodeIgniter back to the PHP framework of choice?

[eluser]treenef[/eluser]
Interesting points of view.

I do think someone brought up a valid point where the framework shouldn't be encouraging a disjointed use where the developer thinks it better to write their own.

To me that invalidates the whole point of the framework. At the same time it should be lean enough to use.

Without looking at the source expression engine is basically codeigniter with lots of bells and whistles such as page management etc. To me that turns the framework into a wordpress type CMS. I'm working on my own CMS which builds on these same principals but this shouldn't be what a PHP framework is about or why it is popular. It's probably a bad idea to even compare expression engine with codeigniter as they are two different beasts.

Like others mentioned it just needs the basics.

Why codeigniter isn't doing so great is there is no movement on git apart from version 3.0. I've not use 3.0 so I can't comment. I'm still scared regarding backwards compatibility and stability and the fact that the license has changed.

Messages In This Thread
How do we get CodeIgniter back to the PHP framework of choice? - by El Forum - 07-14-2014, 11:57 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB