Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] Help with popup window?

(09-01-2015, 04:10 PM)PaulD Wrote: Paul,

I still need help, the site is www.renoreadyfloors.ca/internal/index.php As you can see it is niched within their .ca public website. It used to be www.renoreadyfloors.net I believe it is still up as we are waiting to have things good before cancelling it. I updated the config.php and database.php and uploaded the database and it all worked great except for the edit window not coming up. All the other window pop ups do work.

I will send you the access to the cpanel to your email.

Thanks,
Jovette

Hi,

I cannot really offer any help because you have not posted any relevant Jquery or PHP code of any description. So although I cannot fix it for you I would offer this advice, first you need to identify where it is going wrong. Is it the server side php or your javascript calling the modal window. For jquery, put in some alerts or console logs to see what your JS is actually doing. For php, well there are lots of ways you can check that as I am sure you are aware. Once you know where it is going wrong, fixing it is usually quite straight forward.

Since the problem seems to be the modal window is not opening once you have already opened it once, (assuming all the data changes are being correctly stored) it sounds like your event is not being recognized. Perhaps you removed the event listener or the HTML has been overwritten so you would need to redo the listener, or perhaps you are hardcoding the toggle to be closed so it cannot be re-opened. Check the console and see what error messages you are getting.

It can be a real pain when taking over someone else's code when you get one bit that doesn't work. Personally I love de-bugging code. But debugging badly written code can be very frustrating at times. As a last resort if you are really stuck, start again. Create your own modal window, check you can open and close it, add the form, check again, re-write the php to manage the form data, check it again, remove the old stuff and you are done. Usually when doing this the source of the problem comes to light.

It could be so many things at the moment that it is hard to be of any further help.

I wish you luck with your project. I am fairly certain it is not a CI issue though.

Best wishes,

Paul

Messages In This Thread
[split] Help with popup window? - by Jovette - 08-31-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by PaulD - 09-01-2015, 04:33 AM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by Jovette - 09-01-2015, 08:30 AM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by PaulD - 09-02-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by PaulD - 09-01-2015, 04:10 PM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by Jovette - 09-01-2015, 08:20 PM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by PaulD - 09-02-2015, 06:57 AM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by PaulD - 09-02-2015, 07:18 AM
RE: [split] Help with popup window? - by Jovette - 09-08-2015, 11:12 AM