Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Do you write test code for your CodeIgniter application?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
52.17%
12 52.17%
No
47.83%
11 47.83%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CodeIgniter Testing Guide - A New Book for Automated Testing

kenjis has definitely been the driving force of this book, and I've been happy to keep to myself so far, but I feel like I've made a lot of progress today, so I wanted to add an update of my own.

I think it's safe to say that I've been holding up the final publication of this book, as I've only had so much time to read and edit what kenjis has written. When I started on this project, most of the first draft of the book was already written. Since then, kenjis has added a couple of chapters and an additional Appendix (inspired by Lonnie's post, I'm sure), and has even gone back and added some content to some of the early chapters.

I still have to go back and review some of those additions to the early chapters, and I think there's still room for improvement, but we're getting very close to what I would consider a release candidate of the book. I'm hoping we can do it by Christmas or the new year, and it may be sooner if I can free up enough time.

Every once in a while, I come to a point in my life where a few large and important projects seem to fall into my lap, and I can't help but see this as one of those times (and this book as one of those projects). While I intend to continue working on this book beyond the initial release, I'm also hoping to put in a lot of time and effort on this project in the short term to make it possible to focus more of my future time and effort on some of those other projects (all CI-related to some degree, though, I assure you).

Messages In This Thread
RE: CodeIgniter Testing Guide - A New Book for Automated Testing - by mwhitney - 12-04-2015, 03:17 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB