Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session: Error while trying to free lock for ci_session

(03-03-2017, 11:47 PM)Nichiren Wrote: So assuming the problem with the session errors do indeed lie with slow page loads, is it because the session lock is held until a page is fully rendered and is highly dependent on a user having a fast connection? Or should I actually be looking for a section of my site somewhere that really is taking >5 seconds to process that my monitors and profilers may be missing?

Both ... but more of the latter.

"Render" is the wrong term to use (that happens client side). However, by default, the lock is released after the entire script execution completes, which includes completely flushing the output, and that does depend on connection speeds.
You can get work around that by calling session_write_close() as soon as you no longer need to access session data.

But that being said, even mobile connections are quite speedy nowadays, so most of the time it is inefficient server-side processing that's causing problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Session: Error while trying to free lock for ci_session - by Narf - 03-06-2017, 03:14 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB