Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to...Free trial...

(This post was last modified: 10-31-2014, 10:04 PM by Shawn P.)

Really if you do custom domains per user. you could also just have logic built in. So you have a row with an expire_date and when that subdomain is accessed you just compare today's date to the expire date. Smile Just another option. Smile I know it is simular to above, but you could set it up so a user can register, but they have control over when to start the trail period. In this row you could technically include say a dbname. so that the application only relies on that row to gather information for the sub website. in your routine you create the database tables needed, and then use a connect to the dbname. Which you could auto generate when the user starts the trail.

I have done this, but not with multiple db's. But I was planning on a doing an application using multiple dbs later as when I did the first one it was really a learning process that I did about 4 years ago. To extract data and write a lot of logic so only that user can only access they're data and not someone elses. It does add a lot of complexity to the logic. Where if you do a db per user you have less logic required in the user access rights side of things. Also from a performance stand point multiple db's is the best way to go as well. especially if you have a lot of data.
PurdyDesigns Website Design, Development. Also Including Web Hosting. Print Media, server deployment and management, and more!

Messages In This Thread
How to...Free trial... - by LeMec - 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: How to...Free trial... - by FlevasGR - 10-30-2014, 04:39 AM
RE: How to...Free trial... - by no1youknowz - 10-30-2014, 09:51 AM
RE: How to...Free trial... - by LeMec - 10-31-2014, 07:53 AM
RE: How to...Free trial... - by bclinton - 12-12-2014, 05:03 PM
RE: How to...Free trial... - by Shawn P - 10-31-2014, 09:57 PM
RE: How to...Free trial... - by mwhitney - 12-12-2014, 02:13 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB