Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter-4 not working on VPS Server

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2021, 01:03 PM by laynebay.)

I have the exact same problem. I've been decent at troubleshooting OS/server/hosting/version thing for years. I cannot get to the bottom of this.

I have standard structure for CI4 and this app is working locally and on 2 different cloud dev servers. Not working on client's Azure/CentOS environment running PHP 7.3.11. CI 4.0.4.

I try to trace placing die() and run into same as Ismail. I cannot get anything returned other than a generic 500 error. Even with development on, etc. tried placing PHP errors around, no joy. Usually this is a permissions thing but I should have cracked that by now. Will likely be something super small or random but I've reached the point of asking for help here.

Thanks!

My Solve:
I kept digging.  Hope this helps someone. Makes sense if it's a different environment and PHP wasn't installed a certain way or all the way.

Error was this:
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function CodeIgniter\locale_set_default() in /var/www/webapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php:184

You can figure out your particular flavor of OS and version of PHP and install php{version}-intl or in an emergency, comment out the line (I'm not suggesting that but it works or testing).

If it is installed already, you may only need to do this:
- Open the php.ini file:
- Uncomment the following line (extension=intl)
- Restart webserver

It was not installed on the client's CentOS server and it's production, so I didn't risk upgrading all of PHP to get this working.

Good luck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Codeigniter-4 not working on VPS Server - by laynebay - 04-14-2021, 12:18 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB