Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Long-living PHP support (Swoole/RoadRunner etc)

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2022, 04:32 AM by MGatner.)

This is a very cool and ambitious project. CI4 definitely has a lot of roadblocks to be long-living, but my general opinion is: a well-designed project should work long-running by nature of being well-designed. In other words, we shouldn’t have to develop “for long-running” if we already following best practices, with very few exceptions (and I’m fine leaving those exceptions up to the library/scaffold).

That said, we have a lot of leaks and poor design in CI4 - many of which @monkenWu discovered during the Burner process.

Here’s my hunch: trying to get CI4 ready for long-running is going to be a very uphill battle against breaking changes - many of which would be fixed already by CI5 (PSR-7 is a great example). So while I don’t have any objections to making this a goal, I would rather see work done towards wrapping up CI4 and getting beta CI5 going. Using Burner (or similar) as a “miner’s canary” for CI5’s quality and compatibility would be a great opportunity to offer long-running support (or near to it) at the core of the framework.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long-living PHP support (Swoole/RoadRunner etc) - by MGatner - 10-17-2022, 04:31 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB