Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors

CodeIgniter Rocks. I have several sites built on CI2 and love it. Other than this issue migrating to CI3 was fairly straight forward. I would like to thank the community that answers questions for folks like me and the folks at the British Columbia Institute of Technology for picking it back up.

I have chased this in a circle and still do not understand the why but I think I understand the what.
I have always stored the session data in a table in my MySQL DB, not for speed as much as security (right or wrong). With CI2 this was never a problem. Commands like db->start_cache, db->stop_cache, db->flush_cache all worked as expected. With CI3 and a sessions table they do not when a WHERE or ORDER_BY is present. I guess CI2 was caching the query in a cookie?? Long story short, I gave up trying to get it to work with a sessions table and configured the sessions for file storage. Works like a charm. I have one question if someone happens to read this. the session data is destroyed upon logging out and closing the browser window but the file remains. I could do a CRON job one per day to clean any that are more than 24 hours old but would rather have CI delete this as it exits.

Messages In This Thread
CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors - by pkMyt1 - 02-21-2015, 09:52 PM
RE: CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors - by Narf - 02-22-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors - by pkMyt1 - 02-22-2015, 08:07 AM
RE: CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors - by pkMyt1 - 02-22-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors - by Narf - 02-23-2015, 07:28 AM
RE: CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors - by pkMyt1 - 02-23-2015, 10:52 AM
RE: CI3 WHERE and ORDER_BY errors - by Narf - 02-23-2015, 12:26 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB