Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Result list page with links to detail page

Hello all,
I'm new to Codeigniter and would like some help finding the resource(s) to solve this problem. I'm attempting to use the Table Class and $this->table->generate($records); to create a result list page (actually, that works fine). I would like each row (each record) to have several links in several cells that take the user to a Detail Page for that record.

In the past, I have written procedural PHP and have used database queries and Repeat Regions with all the HTML required to build a table of results. As the PHP loops through the Do-While statement, a table row is generated for each record. In some of the cells an anchor tag is imbedded with PHP providing the auto-incremented ID (from the query) to link to the detail page for that record.

I would like to do the same thing with Codeigniter, but looking at the Table Library, I see that the CI loop creates a cell for each column blindly using the column heading, there is no obvious way to create an anchor tag for some cells and not for others.

This is something that must be done often by developers, so the problem must be one of nomenclature. Can someone please clue me in on the term I should Google in order to find the standard approach to creating a resultlist page with links to detail pages? Thanks in advance for your time!
Cheers,
Rick

Messages In This Thread
Result list page with links to detail page - by rick.emmet - 11-10-2014, 01:48 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB