Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Rambling

Hello!

So basically I've had this idea for a website for a while, which I think would be really great. It would be very useful to me and I could imagine a lot of others finding it really useful too, and surprisingly there is nothing else out there really like it. It's complicated to make though!

I'm going to keep the idea to myself for now. Which I know is probably ridiculous and everybody who ever comes up with an idea for a website probably fantasizes about it being as big as facebook, and when they finish it no one gives a crap. But just humor my delusions please!

I'm trying to decide on whether to use CodeIngiter or Laravel.

I've learned the basics of php, mysql. And I've made games in javascript for a while. I've also made a couple of games in java. But the most complicated website I've made is a one page website.

I've looked into Laravel and I can't even get it up and running. There is just so much I don't know all at once I don't know even how to get my foot in the door. The other day I was horrified when I was trying to work out how to install the software that installs the software that installs Laravel! Also I'm on shared hosting that doesn't even use a late enough version of php to use it, so I would have to go to digital ocean.

Then there is code igniter. A frame work with instructions that makes sense and doesn't miss things out! A few months ago I had a play about with it and it was fun. I started making a little blog, and it was all going slowly but fine. I got bored. Because I don't want to make a blog, I want to get straight to making my website.

But if I use code igniter am I just delaying the real learning? Am I just taking the easy way out? Maybe I should make a simple version of my site, which doesn't have all the features that the end product would have, so just me and my friends could use it. But then am I just delaying the inevitable of being confused about installing a more complicated framework?

I'm just rambling really.

Messages In This Thread
Rambling - by DreamOfSleeping - 11-18-2014, 02:51 AM
RE: Rambling - by bclinton - 11-18-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: Rambling - by RobertSF - 11-19-2014, 12:54 AM
RE: Rambling - by tapan.thapa - 11-19-2014, 01:22 AM
RE: Rambling - by DreamOfSleeping - 11-19-2014, 02:14 AM
RE: Rambling - by Rufnex - 11-19-2014, 05:23 AM
RE: Rambling - by peterdenk - 11-19-2014, 07:57 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB