Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
!$this->upload->do_upload() - first time around

[eluser]nevsie[/eluser]
Hi All and thanks again. for helping...
Flaky - the code i am using is literally the demo code straight out of the userguide for both the controller and view files - this is why i have not repeated it here.

Adamp1 - This is kind of my point! The first thing it does is check the file field for a file and then automatically set an error message. Should this not check for an overall POST before checking the file field? If there has been no POST, then there will be no file, hence no need to set this first error message.

Anyhow, i have setup my own POST check now outside of the do_upload to get the desired effect - unfortunately i am using a hidden form field, then checking to see if that was posted - i know this is messy compared to checking the POST direct, etc, but i could not set up a reliable way that would deal with Empty POST's on submit, after errors, and if the user returns to this page to modify the fields they have already set...

Also Adamp1 - you avatar is scarily jogging my mind to think IE!!!

Messages In This Thread
!$this->upload->do_upload() - first time around - by El Forum - 04-07-2010, 11:50 AM
!$this->upload->do_upload() - first time around - by El Forum - 04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
!$this->upload->do_upload() - first time around - by El Forum - 04-07-2010, 04:11 PM
!$this->upload->do_upload() - first time around - by El Forum - 04-08-2010, 12:13 AM
!$this->upload->do_upload() - first time around - by El Forum - 04-08-2010, 01:19 AM
!$this->upload->do_upload() - first time around - by El Forum - 04-08-2010, 02:55 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB