Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]haseydesign[/eluser]
@Klausch

You've been busy...

<b>insert_custom_user_data()</b>
Regarding the insert_custom_user_data() function and the undefined $row_id var being returned, that's an obvious error that I've somehow missed...
Since potentially multiple row_id's could be set, I will likely have to overhaul the function a little to ensure it works well.

<b>Regarding your message on 28 September 2012</b>
<b>First</b>
You're right that the activate_user() function only returns a boolean value, this is what's in the user guide documentation, but the actual '@return' value within the model incorrectly states it's <i>void</i> - I'll update it.

As for the behaviour of how the demo handles the value returned by this function, I'm not too bothered about the current implementation as it's simply there as an example of using the function, it's really up to the developer to decide the function interactions within the site.

<b>Second</b>
I think you may have deleted the parentheses from the uri_string() function sometime during your development as its in the current Github repo. Do a search for 'uri_string()' on https://github.com/haseydesign/flexi-aut...s/auth.php and you should see it there.

<b>Third</b>
It's an interesting thought to include a database rollback transaction if the sending of the verification email fails.
I could probably implement the feature using CI's database transactions.

If you were to implement the transactions yourself to a stable level and were willing to share the code, I'd be more than happy to include it in the library with full credits where due.

As for your most recent message regarding NULL values in the database, I'll read into this later.

You've been sticking with the library for a while now, so are you liking it?

Messages In This Thread
flexi auth - A user authentication library for CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 10-02-2012, 04:49 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB