Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI and GNU/Autotools

In the past months I been asked for a number of small website with one or few pages (usually those doesn't even use a db), apparently trivial where (IMO) a full CI installation may be excessive, still those trivial websites often have at least a contact page, meaning a form submit, sanitization, validation, ajax & non ajax error handling and some basic sendmail functionality... I thought a framework would be still handy, and I don't see any reason to use any other but CI.

The result (I just started today is currently more a proof-of-concept) is a setup of a configure.ac and few automake.am files which most *nix users should know already, to configure and install only what is needed.

Obviously in time I plan to cover the whole CI's sources. Theoretically should be trivial add some (optional) patch before installing (eg: I plan to join mandatory core files into one and/or trim away more unused code), or drop-in autotools ready sub-directories to add third-party patches/implementations to be configured and installed.

How do you think?

https://github.com/xenogenesi/codeigniter-configure

Messages In This Thread
CI and GNU/Autotools - by sandman - 08-19-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: CI and GNU/Autotools - by mwhitney - 08-20-2015, 08:56 AM
RE: CI and GNU/Autotools - by sandman - 08-20-2015, 12:09 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB