Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is it ok to work in Laravel and CodeIgniter side way? Will it kill my learningcurve ?

I am total noob to frameworks, I have been doing everything in raw php-codes only. DB call, authentication, everything using raw phpcodes, but now the time comes for using a phpframework, since I got a new project, its an SMB project, mostly doing administration, reports, lists etc.

I was searching and reading a lot of laravel vs CodeIgniter debates and articles. I still cannot make a full-heated decision to select one. So many says Laravel is awesome, young, powerful, feature-rich etc but on the down side, it is like Ubuntu of PHP? version/update changes too frequent ?

on the side CodeIgniter, so many says its dead but their official announcement confirms the v3 is out and going to v4 steadily.

Since I am new to frameworks and somewhat OOPS also, I think to start using both frameworks sideways for different projects. But my worry is, Will it kill the learning curve ? Is the coding structure of both directly opposite or too far ?

Hope to read some good advises thanks

Messages In This Thread
Is it ok to work in Laravel and CodeIgniter side way? Will it kill my learningcurve ? - by jeevanism - 09-16-2015, 01:33 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB