Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is it ok to work in Laravel and CodeIgniter side way? Will it kill my learningcurve ?

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 07:15 AM by PaulD. Edit Reason: clarification of sentence structure only )

I would suggest that it might get confusing, but it depends on you of course and how you learn best. CI is much easier to get into IMHO and although both are php frameworks, they of course work in different ways. The learning curve for CI is quite shallow, so you can get up to speed very quickly. For Laraval it is alot steeper and takes a lot longer to get up to speed from my experience. I never touch Laraval now, and would not go back to it.

As a CI fan, I would of course say forget Laraval, and stick with CI. It is robust, powerful, flexible and reliable.

However, many people rave about Laraval too, so I suppose it is up to you, but I would do some initial testing on both and decide which to focus on rather than do both at once.

Hope that helps,

Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it ok to work in Laravel and CodeIgniter side way? Will it kill my learningcurve ? - by PaulD - 09-16-2015, 07:13 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB