Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Community Auth Add User Registration Error

Quote: I said: It *seems* you are arguing [the point] of  convenience > security...
That is exactly why I want to argue with you. You still missed the point, and try to make my point in general, like I said in Addin, "putting a minimum security concern is good, but not that important, it should be covered by something else", and you re-phrased my point was "convenience is > security", it confused others to mis-understand my point. If I said the one replied my thread doesn't understand the network security basics is equivalent to anyone replied my thread doesn't. DON'T you think it sounds crazy and SILLY?

Quote:"if a hacker really wants in...."(paraphrased) is just silly.
I am stating the fact, its up to you how you feel, if I used CVE-2014-6271 to pwned your shell, who would care your other software you installed on your server is securer. I am already in root!!

Quote:Lastly, seemingly expecting a programmer to soften security because ...  Each of us should provide the highest level of security possible for each library/script/bit-of-code we put out in the world regardless of what else is out there to deal with threats while offering the general accepted industry standard.
I didn't even wanted to quote this (but for others reading your statement), because it is again a fundamental misunderstanding, it IS(not seems) you have a bad habit to always exaggerate others' sentences, to make a specific circumstance in general.  If you want to scale how securer the web server should be, then OS > Apache/NGINX > Codeigniter > Addin, In the real world, each department in an organization need cooperate or back up each other. Each one need focus different aspect first, for Addin, I think user experience is more important than security, that is my point. For example, I saw Brain spent lots of time perfecting his codes, and even wrote a good comprehensive usage on the web site; supposed if one spent one hour and couldn't install his addin, then I bet most of them would just give up, and google some other addin to use.

Quote:unsubbed...
lol, You are welcome!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Community Auth Add User Registration Error - by allenxiao7 - 01-18-2017, 12:12 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB