Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] CodeIgniter 3.1.11 Released vs CI4 Rants

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2019, 11:10 AM by captain-sensible.)

(12-09-2019, 07:49 AM)John_Betong Wrote: @captain-sensible,
I agree about making availability of CodeIgniter's downloads and installs as simple as possible.

Unfortunately CodeIgniter4 requires a couple of essential settings to prevent the initial and unhelpful failed screen. I would prefer a successful splash screen regardless of settings. Hopefully this would encourage new users to investigate new features.

I used to use the zip option but now find the "git clone (dowload link)" far easier, just delete the previous version, install the latest tweak a couple of settings before ensuring the steps were successful.
i've got CI4 working on Slackware its in a sub folder of /var/www/htdocs of apache ; i'm using virtual hosts so that I can point the web root to public and see landing page of CI at 127.0.0.2 ( my set up)

Now i have set up on my system composer and have used it with another framework. I find it can get quite confusing with composer in that it seems you can get  download within a download .

with another framework  at webroot , framework was all within vendor and with an index.php also at same level of document route i got it to work by putting :
require_once('vendor/autoload.php');
// inside index.php

with codeigniter i tried downloading composer and it just seemed messy and couldn't make sense of it.

i did get it working just downloading zip

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] CodeIgniter 3.1.11 Released vs CI4 Rants - by captain-sensible - 12-09-2019, 11:08 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB