Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Important News about Jim Parry and the Project

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2020, 03:28 PM by kilishan.)

I've got some hard news to share with you.

For the last few months our project lead, Jim, has been struggling with lung cancer. He was undergoing treatment. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough. A few days ago he passed away in his sleep.

Jim was the driving force behind keeping us moving, and was instrumental in rescuing CodeIgniter from EllisLab and driving it forward.

A couple of his sons have been in contact with Paul and I on the board to help transition everything into new hands. Jim had told them how important this project was to him, and they are helping to get the not-for-profit in good hands, collect the information needed to keep the sites running, and more.

We are still trying to sort things out but it looks like I'll be stepping into role as the Project Lead. Since the Foundation needs a member in British Columbia, one of the family members will take over the administrative roles in BC.

Turns out Jim's birthday was February 24th. We would like to shoot for that date for a final release of 4.0. In order for that to happen, though, I'll need your help. Jumping in and helping any reported bugs over at Github is great, but we also need help cleaning up the docs and ensuring we didn't miss anything, and that it's easy to understand. Every bit helps us get to this finish line.

Messages In This Thread
Important News about Jim Parry and the Project - by kilishan - 01-15-2020, 01:53 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB