Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Property type hints in Codeigniter 4 (or just PHP 7.4 as a requirement)

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 10:34 AM by JNapolitanoIT.)

(01-22-2020, 09:35 AM)includebeer Wrote: "sticking with what are soon-to-be old technologies" ?!
You do realize the dev started some 3 or 4 years ago? CI4 in its actual state is already a huge step forward compared to CI3. The first release is not even out yet. Give it some time. It will continue to progress in the right direction.

I'm well aware of this. It is fascinating that Lonnie has been able to do what he's done. Still, that's not what I mean. As I had said, I dont imply that we attempt to build Rome in a day but at least consider these when and where appropriate.

I wouldn't exactly advocate the usage of new languages like I am now except that PHP 7.4 is a huge step in the right direction for the language and I believe it would be almost foolish not to take advantage of these features at a framework level. This is not to be misunderstood as "do it now. Its bleeding edge. We need to stay on top of things". But more of an approach of "these features really can make a difference internally, let's take advantage of them where they make sense"..
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
George R.R. Martin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Property type hints in Codeigniter 4 (or just PHP 7.4 as a requirement) - by JNapolitanoIT - 01-22-2020, 10:10 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB