Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session Library differences between CI3 and CI4?
Smile 

Ok, not sure I am posting this in the right section or not (if not please move it to the appropriate section), and for that matter if my question was already asked and in my 1/2 asleep state missed it elsewhere, but here goes.

I was reading the CI 4 docs for session handling and noticed the section: "A note about concurrency"...more specifically this/these lines:

from CI4: This detail was at the root of many issues and the main reason why CodeIgniter 4 has a completely re-written Session library.
and thought I read that line elsewhere, then I found an identical line in the CI3 session docs.

My question is: Has the session library been completely rewritten yet again from CI 3 to CI 4? or is this a case of the CI 4 docs just not having any housekeeping done on them yet?

Only asking this because anyone else who maybe browsing through the 2 different docs, either a CI 3 vet or someone doing due diligence investigating if CI 4 is right for their project, could get confused and wonder whats wrong with the session handling.  

Personally I haven't noticed any issues in the session handling, and am quite happy with the style CI 4 has adopted overall away from CI 3 conventions.

anyway, just thought I would ask.   Smile

Messages In This Thread
Session Library differences between CI3 and CI4? - by stlake2011 - 02-16-2020, 09:34 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB